Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Snyder thinking?

Nicealot

Originally posted by Nicealot

Where is Dan Snyder? What is he thinking? I bet this exercise of disciplined spending during the free agency period is killing him...

disciplined spending? I don't think Snyder showed any kinda restraint with what we gave Patten!

Originally posted by trimee

disciplined spending? I don't think Snyder showed any kinda restraint with what we gave Patten!

i disagree. we didn't overpay for patten. he's not a number 1, but he didn't get paid number 1 money. he got paid number 2 money and i think he'll be a fair buy.

remember that aside from brunell last year the Redskins have been signing up and coming young guys to long-term reasonable contracts. i like what our front office is doing.

Originally posted by trimee

I don't recall the deal being unreasonable, but I don't have the terms in front of me.

And in response to the original question, I think Dan Snyder is beginning to learn how to run a team.

Originally posted by Liberty

Deion? Bruce Smith? Arrington?

Being literate might be of benefit to you, yes?

Arrington was a three time Pro Bowler who was among the best in the game at his position. He was hardly overpaid. The other two were acquired six offseasons ago.

Originally posted by Art

Being literate might be of benefit to you, yes?

Arrington was a three time Pro Bowler who was among the best in the game at his position. He was hardly overpaid. The other two were acquired six offseasons ago.

Mark Brunell was a decent veteren QB, you choose hind sight for one case and not the other?

Mark Brunell was a decent veteren QB, you choose hind sight for one case and not the other?

Again, literacy is a benefit to you, don't you think?

Did I not mention Brunell in my intial post. Do we not all know why was responsible for that signing? This thread is about Snyder, not Gibbs, who was responsible for bringing Brunell in. And, the reason to chose hindsight is when you see what Snyder did in his VERY first offseason and you see what he's done in the NEXT FIVE offseasons as owner, you can't help but notice the difference and at some point realize you no longer get to talk about six offseasons ago as if it's still relevant.

But, this is only if you're willing to show mild intelligence. If you wish to continue being a fool, then, by all means, decry spending habits from six offseasons ago in our owners first actual offseason as your evidence.

Originally posted by Art

Again, literacy is a benefit to you, don't you think?

Did I not mention Brunell in my intial post. Do we not all know why was responsible for that signing? This thread is about Snyder, not Gibbs, who was responsible for bringing Brunell in. And, the reason to chose hindsight is when you see what Snyder did in his VERY first offseason and you see what he's done in the NEXT FIVE offseasons as owner, you can't help but notice the difference and at some point realize you no longer get to talk about six offseasons ago as if it's still relevant.

But, this is only if you're willing to show mild intelligence. If you wish to continue being a fool, then, by all means, decry spending habits from six offseasons ago in our owners first actual offseason as your evidence.

You said the only guy we overpaid was in the last four season was Brunell.

I say that Chad Morton, and Arrington have also been overpaid. Very simple, I am sure a smart guy like yourself can respond without having to call others fools.

You said the only guy we overpaid was in the last four season was Brunell.

I say that Chad Morton, and Arrington have also been overpaid. Very simple, I am sure a smart guy like yourself can respond without having to call others fools.

No. You said Deion and Bruce were, and I corrected you. Now you're mentioning Chad Morton. The same guy the Jets OFFERED MORE money to to stay, but he turned down, thereby negating comments we overpaid him when he took less to play here. And, again, Lavar is a three-time Pro Bowl considered among the best at his position even while acknowledging he's not reached his full potential.

It's very difficult to pretend at his age he was overpaid. But, if you have an agenda of simply wanting to make good situations bad, then, yes, you should continue on this way.

Archived