Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter 5 year deal with Philly. Skins were screwd

stevzy88va

Tell me why all the damn announcers and **** during the season were suckin on Trotters nuts. All our linebackers were better and all our D players were better. He could be the most pitiful Pro Bowl player ever! Sean Taylor could've played Linebacker and had a better season then that chump!

I just found it unusual.

The Eagles have been strong on defense for nearly 5 years now.

But in a season where the team signed Owens... and the offense exploded for once... and carried the defense which was lagging behind its usual standards.

The Eagles send so many defensive players to the Pro Bowl?

That's just odd.

Originally posted by Die Hard

I just found it unusual.

But in a season where the team signed Owens... and the offense exploded for once... and carried the defense which was lagging behind its usual standards.

That's just odd.

couldnt agree more :eaglesuck

I just found it unusual.

That's just odd.

The defense was one of the best in the NFL the second half of the season (oddly coinciding with Trotters insertion into the starting lineup)---- far improved from the '03 defense. I think the Skins deserved more players in the PB, but most of the Eagles players in the secondary deserved it (which is where the PBers came from).

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

The defense was one of the best in the NFL the second half of the season (oddly coinciding with Trotters insertion into the starting lineup)---- far improved from the '03 defense. I think the Skins deserved more players in the PB, but most of the Eagles players in the secondary deserved it (which is where the PBers came from).

The Redskins defenses has been a team of halves for the past few years as well.

Remember Schottenheimer's defense? Remember Lewis' defense?

Those were 2 defenses that were awful in the beginning of the year and turned into one of the best units by year's end.

Didn't help with Pro Bowl selections.

And besides, you can't argue that a team that played a strong second half is comparable to a team that played 16 at the top.

The Skins defense was at or near the top 3 in defense every week for 16 weeks.

It really doesn't matter what the Eagles did

The Redskins defenses has been a team of halves for the past few years as well.

Remember Schottenheimer's defense? Remember Lewis' defense?

Those were 2 defenses that were awful in the beginning of the year and turned into one of the best units by year's end.

Didn't help with Pro Bowl selections.

And besides, you can't argue that a team that played a strong second half is comparable to a team that played 16 at the top.

The Skins defense was at or near the top 3 in defense every week for 16 weeks.

It really doesn't matter what the Eagles did

I'm not comparing the Skins defense to the Eagles, I have already ceded that point. But you make it seem as if the unit was weak this year, where it was not, and you also insinuate that the unit received heavy accolades in the form on PB invitations. Trotter's selection was dubious, since he started only half the games, but it's hard to detract from the other 3 defensive players that were selected (Sheppard, Dawkins, Lewis).

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I'm not comparing the Skins defense to the Eagles, I have already ceded that point. But you make it seem as if the unit was weak this year, where it was not, and you also insinuate that the unit received heavy accolades in the form on PB invitations. Trotter's selection was dubious, since he started only half the games, but it's hard to detract from the other 3 defensive players that were selected (Sheppard, Dawkins, Lewis).

It was weaker this year than it's been in the past 5 years?

Is that correct? True or false?

And they haven't sent nearly this mean players to the Pro Bowl in the past?

True or fale?

I'm not going to detract from Sheppard, Dawkins, or Lewis' accomplishments.

But I'd argue Springs had a better year than any of those 3.

It was weaker this year than it's been in the past 5 years?

Is that correct? True or false?

And they haven't sent nearly this mean players to the Pro Bowl in the past?

True or fale?

I'm not going to detract from Sheppard, Dawkins, or Lewis' accomplishments.

But I'd argue Springs had a better year than any of those 3.

The first question is false.

The second question is false, with the exception of last year. I know the sent at least 8 total players two years ago.

And I think Springs or Smoot should have been there as well. They had great years.

Statistically, the Eagles defense in 2004 was stronger than 2000, 2003, worse than 2002, 2001.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phiindex.htm

The '02 team sent 4 pro bowlers that were selected-- others were added later.

The '01 team sent 4 pro bowlers as well.

(from defense of course).

The '00 team sent 3 pro bowlers on defense.

So really, everything was quite consistent, seeing as the Eagles sent 4 this year ('04).

Archived