Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible that Williams will drop to #9

still a little too early to tell I think, there is quite a ways to go till the draft. There are a couple potential teams that could pick him (namely Tampa and Minnesota), while both teams COULD take them they both COULD go without taking them, especially if they address the issue of WR in FA. Still more than a month to go, anything could happen, but im praying he falls in to our hands....

blaze

Lets look at the teams picking ahead of us...

1. 49ers

2. Dolphins

3. Browns

4. Bears

5. Bucs

6. Titans

7. Vikings

8. Cardinals

I could easily see any of these teams taking a WR before us. I'm thinking Tennessee goes with a CB, but the Vikings just traded away their best reciever. The Cards could be in the hunt if they dont resign Boldin. If you look at the recieving corps on most of these teams its not very impressive,. I dont see how Williams would get past all of these teams. For that to happen 7 of them would have to pass on him. I really dont see how we land Williams or Edwards for that matter unless we traded up.

Here's another way we could go though if we traded up. I think this may be a good idea. The Bucs pick at 5. If we were to trade up why dont we trade our 9th pick and Gardner, since the Bucs were interested in him anyway. We get Williams or Edwards, just as if he's fallen to #9, and the Bucs get a reciever they were after and still our #9 pick. Whatcha think?

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I think that there is a pretty darn good shot of him falling to us, and I'm praying very, very, very hard that he does.

I want Mike Williams as well, however don't you think that by signing patten it reduces the chance to draft this guy?

Think about it, right now we have:

Patten

Gardner (might be gone)

Coles (if he is gone we'll replace with Moss)

Thrash

McCants

Jacobs

Antonio Brown

I don't see the need to draft a guy with that depth chart.

Basically we swapped Coles and Gardner for Patten and Moss.

:doh: Hopefully I am wrong, just trying to think like the FO.

Who knows, maybe OldSkool will get his wish and we'll draft a pass rusher:laugh:

Archived