Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 AM---Weinstein reporting Moss-Coles trade back on the table

SkinsRback04

I read somewhere something that i though was a good deal....wait a few weeks....then if there is a team with a need for a reciever coles becomes more valuable....then maybe you can get something else a 2nd and a player a #1 or something of the sort. But wait it out and if nothign happens show him a copy of his contract and remind him that its his signature there and he has to play or he can sit out and more or less hurt himself

Originally posted by SkinsRback04

Essentially Bram is saying Coles no longer has any leverage and will be traded by Washington on Redskin terms. We take the cap hit but get the receiver we would rather have...or at least one who wants to play here.

Well, as long as the other team doesn't chicken out by Coles' demand for a new contract.

And there's no point releasing him now. Chances are slim to none that he will still give the money back after all this, and we'll take the same hit this year now either way. Definitely get something for him.

even up moss is not coles but hit or no hit why lose coles for nothing by releasing him . stand firm he helps make a trade happen or he will be suiting up in B&G next year. i hope they do trade him with his new attitude but get moss or somthing for him. might be worth it to get deal set but drag feet alittle since it appears burress will sign soon with viking. that will take all the most sought after wr off the market and maybe someone will givethe skins a better offer, if not again moss is better then nothing

Originally posted by fdarugar

That cap hit is huge, I say find another deal or release him. Moss isnt worth it, imo.

Exactly, for those who think the Skins can trade Coles (taking a 9 mill cap hit which turns out to about 6 mill against this years cap) then still re-sign/sign players, then be able to sign their draft picks (including the number 9 which requires big bucks), is crazy....

How could they do this? I'm not asking to be a jerk, but can someone explain how this can happen w/o restructuring the whole team and/or releasing more players, which in turn they will need to replace.

In my opinion, the Redskins are essentially tap dancing around the distinct possibility that Coles' bonus if he is kept will require us to bite a still large bullet in 2006 or 2007 because his toe injury is degenerative.

If this is the case it is worth trading him NOW for a healthy player that the team can use.

If we had done what Coles originally requested and merely released him we would have NOTHING to show for giving up the #13 pick in the draft.

That isn't a smart move.

Originally posted by bulldog

In my opinion, the Redskins are essentially tap dancing around the distinct possibility that Coles' bonus if he is kept will require us to bite a still large bullet in 2006 or 2007 because his toe injury is degenerative.

If this is the case it is worth trading him NOW for a healthy player that the team can use.

If we had done what Coles originally requested and merely released him we would have NOTHING to show for giving up the #13 pick in the draft.

That isn't a smart move.

Finally some common sense. :)

Originally posted by bulldog

That isn't a smart move.

Uh oh, whats that? A voice of reason??? ;) How refreshing that is.

Yay for common sense!!!!

I think there's good upside with a receiver like S. Moss. Very young and with veteran receivers like Patten and Thrash around the tutleage Gibbs loves to see would be a good thing all around.

Chill out everybody...it's just Sportstalk right now...but it makes a hell of lot more sense than cutting or keeping IMO.

Plus...the odds of actually getting M. Williams in the draft are not good. Would he be a killer addition...no doubt. But Gibbs has to deal with the realities of FA versus the scheming/dreaming of the draft.

Archived