Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Elton "Big E" Brown

red zone

Anyone know what happend with Elton Brown at the combine? I think he was there but left early.

If he's healthy and slips to far, he is a STEAL.

I also didn't see Adam "Pac Man" Jones participate. He could be another steal if he slips a bit.

Keep in mind, I'm thinking best player available more so than need.

crazy... the guy was a monster at UVA... and considered by most to be the #1 guard in the draft.

Kinda reminds me of Dockery, who was considerd by most to be a 1st Round O-lineman.... yet he went to the combine and emitted a careless and indifferent attitude to the combine process. People said he seemed weird as well.. which is why he dropped to the third round.

Back in December EB was a certain first rounder and a potential top 10 pick. He would have been the first interior Olineman to be taken that high since Chris Naeole back in 1997.

Now, the man is in free fall. I would say that he is at best a late 2nd rounder and may even be available to us in the 3rd. Perhaps we could land a player with a big ol chip on his shoulder? :)

Elton is apparently doing this on the advice of his agent. He has a private workout in Charlottesville later this month. Still think he will go early or mid 2d at worst. He's a good kid, and would be an absolute steal in the 2d.

Originally posted by stainbck

he's big... i mean REAL BIG... but he's REAL SLOW too...

i would avoid. i mean you guys arleady pound Dockery enough. i view them in a very similar fashion, but dockery is a step quicker

I watched a lot of UVa games this.

NO WAY is Elton slower than Dockery.

Its my understanding that EB slipped on some ice prior to the senior bowl and was unable to participate. He may still be having some problems with his knee. At his best he was the most dominate OL I ever saw. He had a reputation for being a team player and very level headed so that the injury issue must be present.

Archived