Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All I want is a GIBBS TYPE player

Thinking Skins

As we get ready for free agency, I don't really care about the name we get. I don't have the time any more to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each player we look at. But I do know the general formula for a player that I want, and I'll just let you konw that Randy Moss aint it. So even if the Oakland trade falls through, I dont want to go after him.

We're talking about the Redskins record for going out and spending cash like its Monopoly money in the recent years. I have no problem with that as long as its on quality talent. GIBBS DID A GOOD JOB LAST YEAR BRINGING IN TALENT. Other than the two big contracts that were signed, the other names were guys that came in and produced. But all the players we signed last year have a good work ethic and a team committment.

Thats the same thing that I want this year. People talk about how much they want to get rid of guys who had bad years last year or sign guys that had really good years last year, but I'll pass on both.

I'm more likely to believe that a current player with a good work ethic is going to get himself out of a slump or be able to return from an injury and produce at a high level. I think these are the things that need to be considered before just signing a big name player. We got hozed by signing players for their name alone, and I dont want to go down that route.

But that doesn't mean we cant sign veteran players to fill holes. We need to be able to choose the right player. And the thing that I'm looking for is the player who is committed to the game and is working hard to be the best. I have no problem with drafting a rookie, but drafting a high rounder based on his name alone is real risky. I'd much rather sign a rookie with skills and a strong work ethic because I'd think he is more motivated and more likely to succeed.

But thats just my .02

Archived