Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zeb's Videos = CLARITY

freakofthesouth

Hey all,

It's been away for awhile; I hope you've all missed me as much as I've missed you. :silly: JK, I actually just completed a move from NYC back to Charleston, SC, thank God. :whew:

Anyhoo, I'll cut to the chase: after reading all of the speculative threads about Coles/Moss, cut Samuels (BTW, that title alone made me vomit), etc, it made me kinda sad.

So, I did what any off-season fanatic does when he's feeling kinda dumpy about his team- watch archived Zeb videos!

After watching offensive highlights from the entire year, I notice a few things:

1- As the year progressed, our offense got considerably better. Considerably. After Ramsey set his feet, so to speak, we started to have a little bit of a...dare I say it....attack. Oh, and CP is a nasty, nasty running back.

2- the best game of the season for us offensively was the second Giants game, where we beat the bejesus out of them (sorry Tom!). I realize this goes w/o saying, but just watching those highlights was a great time.

3- I really, really want to keep as many of our players as we can. Except for Gardner. :laugh: This Coles debacle sucks IMO, because he is a strong player, and he could be a very important cog. His unwillingness to stay here, whether he does or not, will be long forgotten when Gibbs' second year proves to be a winning one.

My point here is simple: stay the course. We will be a good team next year; if we played the whole season like we did the last few games, we could have made a run.

Let's keep this team together; whoever we can get to stay, then that's less work come next camp.

It's one of those things where we're a lot closer than most of us think. Success in our offense is all about getting in a playcalling rhythm. You'll notice the success we had on our first drives of the game. At some point during each game, we lost that, and I don't feel it was because of the opposing defense. Our drives would just stall, not necessarily because of bad plays or any one thing in particular. It'd be a bad pass, a missed block, a dropped ball, or a stupid penalty. As everyone plays together more and more, those types of errors will happen less and less, I guarantee it. Once we can keep the chains moving, we can keep the defense on their heels with our playcalling.

The coaching is there, I don't care what anyone has to say about Gibbs's absense. The personnel is going to be there, there's a lot in place already. It's all about the players becoming more familiar with their coaches and teammates. It'll come together next season, and rather than us being frustrated watching our teams offense, our opponent's fans will be frustrated watching the holes in their defenses be exploited time and time again.

TOTALLY agree Sir.

We did have strong opening drives all season. It just sort of fell apart for some reason...(cough! Mark...cough! Brunell...cough!)

Also, the offensively line really gelled and progressed as the season went on. Blitzes were like jailbreaks at the beginning of the season, but were being picked up relatively well by the end of the year.

To keep this momentum going though, it will be important to keep as many pieces in place as possible.

OK, so here's a 4-in-1 reply:

-Archiced Zeb vids- all of mine are in a folder in my computer; I'd imagine you could run a search for all of Zeb's threads, as most of them would be videos that he created.

Now for the personal sh*t :silly:-

-NYC is a fantastic place, w/o a doubt. For me, it was more situational. And monetary. And...I wanted to keep my sanity. And see some trees every once in awhile. And by trees, I mean ones w/o big orange pieces of fabric surrounding them. :laugh:

Plus, as I'm sure BG will tell ya, Charleston is a fantastic place. Basically, I can make my $$ just playing music down here, and focus on that. (Man, I am really getting personal w/ the entire board now!!)

As for the screenname, Bird, 'freakofthenorth' was a nickname for LaVar while he was in college, opposite Jevon Kearse. But, I kinda like Freakofthesouth. It has a nice ring to it...

And Iheart...I'm living on James Island, right on the Wapoo Creek. It temporary, but it's a great spot.

OK, that should do it. Anybody want to talk about the other stuff in the thread...like...

Coles said this, Smoot said that...Samuels hit me w/ a wiffle ball bat. :laugh:

Archived