Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Coles returns some money and gets cut, do we sign smoot?

skns4life

Of course we sign Smoot, he is a great player and I don't understand everyone resentment of the fact that he wants more money. Its sickening but a guy who we think is great all year suddenly becomes a pariah on these boards for asking for a little more. Smoot has played injuried is a locker room leader and is fundamental on defense, if the cost is only a couple more million of course we resign him

Originally posted by mh83

Of course we sign Smoot, he is a great player and I don't understand everyone resentment of the fact that he wants more money. Its sickening but a guy who we think is great all year suddenly becomes a pariah on these boards for asking for a little more. Smoot has played injuried is a locker room leader and is fundamental on defense, if the cost is only a couple more million of course we resign him

I agree, Smoot was still playing off his rookie contract and he was a second round pick and out played his contract every year he was with us. Smoot isn't already rich, he has been making about 600K a year, which is nothing to cry about, but is still not anything near what he could have been getting, he deserves to get paid, and hopefully we'll be the ones to do it.

Even with the extra money, we don't sign Smoot. The guy wants more than the team, especially Coach Williams, thinks he's worth. It's not a matter of making it fit, it's a matter of paying the guy what they think he deserves. They apparently think he deserves closer to $11m up-front and he wants $14m. The cap figure doesn't change that.

Nick

Archived