Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else dying for definitive news on Smoot/Pierce/Samuels

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Rumors should ratchet up by next week with free agency getting closer. That should be pretty entertaining. :) Basically, wait for the Times to report that anyone of the 3 is all but gone and that's when one should be signed the next day. ;)

Those were the days. Ah the nostaglia of the Post with all the insider stuff and the Times getting it spectacularly wrong. The Jansen story being the best or the worst example ;)

But haven't the tables turned recently, I mean we are still waiting for Daryll Green to join Gibbs's coaching staff. That was a Nunyo Demasio exclusive for the Post

:doh:

If anything now I would trust a Jody Foldesy story for the Times as more accurate than the Post's beat writer (is it still Nunyo or this Jason la Canfora now?) Just my two pennies' worth :2cents:

Originally posted by AkaD

Of course I would. lol. I guess as soon as something happens we'll get some info. Nothing will happen until November 21st when free agency begins.

Lates.

I didn't know that the internet had made it to your planet. Free agency starts in November? What year does your calendar say?

:laugh:

jtyler42 wrote: Man when are people going to realize that this is a business and you cant get mad at a player that is going after their big payday...In Smoot's case he doesnt have a realistic view of what exactly he is worth but you still cant blame him for getting what he can get while he can get it...

Agree. Further, I believe agents are 100% responsible for players like Smoot having an inflated opinion of their $ value.

Originally posted by jtyler42

Man when are people going to realize that this is a business and you cant get mad at a player that is going after their big payday...In Smoot's case he doesnt have a realistic view of what exactly he is worth but you still cant blame him for getting what he can get while he can get it...

It's been said many times before, but all it comes down to is a choice between a big payday while staying with your current team, or leaving the team and going for the biggest payday you can find. The Redskins aren't offering him a small payday by any means.

It sounds like Bailey, Sanders, and his agent have advised him to go for as much as he possibly can get, and he agrees with that advice. But the money he would get signing with the Redskins would not be small, and he would continue to be a large part of something special that's just beginning. It's his choice, and it sure appears as if he's already made it.

It surprised me when he first said it, while quoting Bailey and Sanders, but Samuels and Pierce are the ones that are surprising me now. So far, very disappointing.

Archived