Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After watching McNabb

Ghost of

I have more faith that Ramsey can get it done. Ramsey is much more composed in those situations, he may not always deliver, but he gives you that shot. With McNabb he starts getting his head down and that hangdog look on his face, you know they're in for a loss. His performance at the end there with the waltzing up to the line was embarrassing. Even his own center was trying to hurry him up. I think he froze on the big stage.

He had lots of bad passes that receivers bailed him out on and he threw a lot of others that went nowhere near the target. many times, the Pats kept him in the pocket and he couldn't deliver unless the Pats DB had failed to jam his man.

Ramsey is the more clutch-ready, even if McNabb is better at this point.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Sorry , nice try,but Mcnabb has it all over Ramsey at this point. down the road may be a different story but not now.

How many playoff games has Ramsey won?

We have a bright future but a looooonnnnnggggg way to go.

Well, it's not as if McNabb won the NFC East in his first year. Dude has had HOW MANY years in Reid's offense?

I'm not sure exactly how what I said eluded you, but it's simple:

There are characteristics that players have, things that are part of their makeup that come through that you can SEE. Just like I saw Brady's magical abilities in COLLEGE, I see that Ramsey has "that" ability MORE than a guy like McNabb who CAN STILL win a Bowl but will need to face off against someone who ISNT Brady.

Originally posted by psutrain

4 Super Bowl QBs in NFL history have a plus .700 career Win % - Tom Brady, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, and Donovan McNabb.

Yes, but when he needs to elevate his team against another that is of EQUAL talent, experience and ability he DOESNT.

That's just the way it is.

Or did you forget the previous three years because you made it to the Bowl this year(with ultimately the same result.)

4 Super Bowl QBs in NFL history have a plus .700 career Win % - Tom Brady, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, and Donovan McNabb.

Hmm...good thing you didn't say there are 4 QBs with .700 career wins WITH A TROPHY! Cuz then there would only be 3. :laugh:

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Niether do empty trophy cases. :laugh: :eaglesuck

once agin try to bring up a decent conversation and a typical response with the past. Was it fun just looking forward to the commercials this year? Instead of cheering for A team?

like I said in another post. People used to dog Elway too cause of his performances in SB. McNabb will be back. This team is too good to fold after this. If anything it makes them even hungrier.

once agin try to bring up a decent conversation and a typical response with the past. Was it fun just looking forward to the commercials this year? Instead of cheering for A team?

like I said in another post. People used to dog Elway too cause of his performances in SB. McNabb will be back. This team is too good to fold after this. If anything it makes them even hungrier.

Haha, I think we were all cheering for the pats.

psu

I'm not bringing up trophies, I'm making the case. Just talk to me, don't get distracted.

How can you watch that game, and the past NFC Title games and not start to look at McNabb with some skepticism? Sure, he puts up some nice numbers and makes some great plays in the regular season and sometimes in the playoffs.

I didn't say he was TERRIBLE. I said he does not have that 'special something' that Brady has, and that I've seen from Ramsey. It doesn't mean Ramsey is BETTER. But the thing is, if the team can carry a QB to that 'clutch point' that's when that 'ability' becomes more important than all the TDs and all the great numbers and highlight plays before that.

And again, if McNabb goes up against someone who isn't Brady tonight, maybe it's different. But you kind of have to ask yourself how you can look at McNabb and the Eagles team you've had and not wonder how you didn't at least make the SB TWICE. Hell, if you guys played the Raiders in 2002, you might have won it, had you been able to sack up and beat the Bucs.

I'm going by what I SEE. The game is about more than stats, and you should know that.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

psu

I'm not bringing up trophies, I'm making the case. Just talk to me, don't get distracted.

How can you watch that game, and the past NFC Title games and not start to look at McNabb with some skepticism? Sure, he puts up some nice numbers and makes some great plays in the regular season and sometimes in the playoffs.

I didn't say he was TERRIBLE. I said he does not have that 'special something' that Brady has, and that I've seen from Ramsey. It doesn't mean Ramsey is BETTER. But the thing is, if the team can carry a QB to that 'clutch point' that's when that 'ability' becomes more important than all the TDs and all the great numbers and highlight plays before that.

And again, if McNabb goes up against someone who isn't Brady tonight, maybe it's different. But you kind of have to ask yourself how you can look at McNabb and the Eagles team you've had and not wonder how you didn't at least make the SB TWICE. Hell, if you guys played the Raiders in 2002, you might have won it, had you been able to sack up and beat the Bucs.

I'm going by what I SEE. The game is about more than stats, and you should know that.

Well said, well said.

I was cheering really hard for the Pats and I had a heck of a night, how about you?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and I guess their team mates had nothig to do with it :laugh:

here's a stat for you

Tom Brady- 3 Rings

Roger Staubach- 2 Rings

Joe Montana- 3 Rings

Donovan McNabb- 0

unless you can seal the deal you're always 2nd tier.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

psu

finally a decent poster tonight to talk football

I agree he was horrible tonight. He didn't have help though. Our O-line was atrocoius tonight. If you told me that McNabb would have 50+ attempts in this game I would have thought that was crazy and that we were going to get killed. This game plan I question alot. I don't know who's decision it was to huddle up in the closing minutes. Was it reid's or Mcnabb's? so right now I can't blame Mcnabb on that one but it could change. The Pats are an awesome D hell they kept the best qb this year to 0 TD's and Donovan struggled but kept battling and that is why I love him as our qb he will always try and get it done.

He's still young. We'll see. he got rattled and that started to lead him to throw balls in the dirt. It happens every time.

finally a decent poster tonight to talk football

I agree he was horrible tonight. He didn't have help though. Our O-line was atrocoius tonight. If you told me that McNabb would have 50+ attempts in this game I would have thought that was crazy and that we were going to get killed. This game plan I question alot. I don't know who's decision it was to huddle up in the closing minutes. Was it reid's or Mcnabb's? so right now I can't blame Mcnabb on that one but it could change. The Pats are an awesome D hell they kept the best qb this year to 0 TD's and Donovan struggled but kept battling and that is why I love him as our qb he will always try and get it done.

He's still young. We'll see. he got rattled and that started to lead him to throw balls in the dirt. It happens every time.

I dunno if the line was horrible, I saw a few plays where McNabb had all day to throw.

I like him, but I don't think he has what it takes to get it done. But he's young, you're right. Maybe he'll shake it off.

It just disturbed me when he was walking around and not getting into the no huddle. Looked like he didn't care and that he'd already given up. And in the post game interview, he seemed almost cheerful, like it was no big deal...

Psu

So you understood the point of my post, the gist of it was that if McNabb can make enough plays to get to the Super Bowl that if Ramsey can be carried by his team and DECENT play, that the 'clutch magic' he seems to have(not like Brady, of course) might take over. Meaning, if Ramsey can just play smart and play loose, it doesn't MATTER if he is "better" than McNabb. All it would take is a close game in the 4th quarter and somewhat equal coaching and talent and I have faith that Ramsey can deliver.

So it wasn't as much a "diss" of McNabb as saying that while he's very good, he has flaws that are still being exposed(happened against Washington on Sunday Night) and that if we can mask OUR QBs flaws enough to get to the big games, I think we'll be OK.

So, really, I was just using McNabb as an example of how I think we'll be OK.

I'd be interested to see if McNabb will always be like this. He was bailed out several times by the likes of Greg Lewis. Maybe another WR of high quality will assist him in making 1-2 plays more per game on bad throws, I don't know.

Ghost is right on the money with his thoughts on McNabb. But I have to say that I'm not sold on Ramsey either.

The fact is, this game was never as close as it appeared. McNabb sucked it up big time tonight. He was making horrible throws all night and got lucky some of those turnovers got called back.

Both teams came out sloppy out of the gates, which is a rarity for New England. This game could have easily been a blowout by the Pats.

The only Eagle that stepped up tonight was Owens. That dude showed me something today. I didn't think he had it in him. Props to TO.

But I still say it's only a matter of time before the old "team cancer" TO shows up. And the saddest thing is that Eagle fans will never see it coming.

I don't think Ramsey is the guy. Plus it's really not a good comparison becasue Ramsey is a pocket passer and can't really adjust around pressure which make Mcnabb a totally different weapon. I think Ramsey takes way too many risks ie. the eagles game. He needs to work on that and possibly he may be ok. I have not seen enough where he is the answer. He shows glimpses, but hell so did Bobby Hoying or AJ Feeley or Gus Ferotte. You get where I'm going.

Originally posted by Danny Montana

Ghost is right on the money with his thoughts on McNabb.

The fact is, this game was never as close as it appeared. McNabb sucked it up big time tonight. He was making horrible throws all night and got lucky some of those turnovers got called back.

Both teams came out sloppy out of the gates, which is a rarity for the Pats. This game could have easily been a blowout for the Pats.

The only Eagle that stepped up tonight was Owens. That dude showed me something today. I didn't think he had it in him. Props to TO.

But I still say it's only a matter of time before the old "team cancer" TO shows up. And the sadest thing is that Eagle fans will never see it coming.

actually I disagree there. Even with the two picks...

The Eagles don't have those turnovers it's easily 14-0 or 10-0 in the second quarter.

The biggest play of the game was going 3 and out after the Pats fumble. That was the momentum changer. If the Eagles get a few first downs and even punt the pats maybe get a field goal from a last second FG.

This could have been a big lead for the eagles in the second quarter

Archived