Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After watching McNabb

Ghost of

McNabb choked in big games in college.

Anytime he was on the BCS stage or any big bowl stage he froze. He couldn't handle the pressure even though he was surronded by a terrific cast of characters.

He had the ability to get his team there. He could make plays, run, pass, whatever (as a Hokie fan I know personally how well he can play in the regular season)

However once he got on the big bowl stage (or to Lane stadium) he wilted. And he did it again tonight

Originally posted by psutrain

I don't think Ramsey is the guy. Plus it's really not a good comparison becasue Ramsey is a pocket passer and can't really adjust around pressure which make Mcnabb a totally different weapon. I think Ramsey takes way too many risks ie. the eagles game. He needs to work on that and possibly he may be ok. I have not seen enough where he is the answer. He shows glimpses, but hell so did Bobby Hoying or AJ Feeley or Gus Ferotte. You get where I'm going.

Well for once I am going to agree with psu and stick with what I said earlier, Ramsey has a long way to go before we start comparing him with Mcnabb.

The Eagles built thier team around Mcnabb and went to the superbowl with him, he choked but at least he got there.

If the Eagles had a running game to support him it may have been a different outcome, I bet they focus on that now. Of course part of the blame lies with the coaching staff for thinking they would be fine with Levens and Westbrooke

Ramsey has a huge upside and has the tools to be a great QB and it's possible he could be a MVP type player, it's hard as a fan for me to look at thim that way because the Redskins franchise has not made any effort to build the team around him.

We have a hall of fame coach that brought in Mark Brunell only to find out to late that he sucked. If Ramsey is to be the great QB we picture him to be, than the Reskins as a franchise have to build around him. Now that Gibbs has named him the starter ,thats the first step, lets see where that takes us, if we go after another QB in the offseason it could get dicey.

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

McNabb choked in big games in college.

Anytime he was on the BCS stage or any big bowl stage he froze. He couldn't handle the pressure even though he was surronded by a terrific cast of characters.

He had the ability to get his team there. He could make plays, run, pass, whatever (as a Hokie fan I know personally how well he can play in the regular season)

However once he got on the big bowl stage (or to Lane stadium) he wilted. And he did it again tonight

college?

you can't compare the two.

college?

you can't compare the two.

In a situation like this sure you can.

You can tell how poised an athlete is from the first time he steps on the field.

Some have the "it" factor, and you know that presence. Brady had that presence in college.

McNabb never did, never put it up in big games. Its one of those "intagibles"

I don't think Ramsey is the guy. Plus it's really not a good comparison becasue Ramsey is a pocket passer and can't really adjust around pressure which make Mcnabb a totally different weapon. I think Ramsey takes way too many risks ie. the eagles game. He needs to work on that and possibly he may be ok. I have not seen enough where he is the answer. He shows glimpses, but hell so did Bobby Hoying or AJ Feeley or Gus Ferotte. You get where I'm going.

Not to cut in, but your analysis of Ramsey isn't that much different from that of McNabb at this point. The only difference is that McNabb has been in the playoffs to taste victory snatched away from him time & time again, because of poor decision making. Bad passes when he had ALL DAY to throw the ball. Even Collinsworth had said something about how long McNabb had back there to throw & how unusual it was against the Pats' defense. I agree with Ghost. I think it's time that the Philly FO start considering getting another QB. McNabb is good in the regular season, but come post-season, he can't get it done. And he had opportunities tonight to beat them, but poor decisions cost him the game.

McNabb is not much better with decisions when he is pressured than Rasmey. In fact, I wouldn't say that he is better at all.

:eaglesuck

Archived