Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I bought It!

Ignatius J.

Well I just purchased an electronic drum kit for myself. It's in the mail right now since I got it on e-bay, but a link to the basic Idea is here:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=5&subcatid=22&prodid=V%2DStage+Set

The set I just purchased has an additional CY-12 CR, a twelve inch dual zone cymbal with choke, bringing the total of those to three.

I was considering going cheap, but the realism of these guys is pretty amazing. The cymbals have a great feel to them, and the drum module is pretty nice.

I love the fact that it's fully upgradeable.

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you that helped me out a few months ago when I started this process. Thought I'd let you know that I decided to hemmorage cash to really spoil myself. Hopefully it's worth it!

Awsome dude... I think you will love it.

I honestly wish I had bought an electronic kit over my Tama set, not because my kit isn't nice, but because I'm not a drummer and I like the idea of being able to record it directly rather than miking my kit. Less space too.

Good luck with it and enjoy membership to your new club... wasting tons of money on musical equipment.... I'm not just a member, I think I'm a founding father....

I have a yamaha recording custom that I use for playing out, so this is mostly a practice thing. If I play this enough to justify it, I'm probably going to pick up the pro-tools m-box combo so that the kit will also be used to sketch out drum lines to stuff.

Maybe if I get real adventurous, I might try to introduce this into my kit as a sort of hybrid thing, but that's a ways off.

I haven't had any steady gigs to really get my creativity going in a long time. Hopefully, I'll be practicing a lot more, and that will change.

And code, there's no way you're a founding father. I guarantee around 300 years ago, some young upstart squandered his life's savings on his first stradivarius, and never regretted it for a moment.

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

And code, there's no way you're a founding father. I guarantee around 300 years ago, some young upstart squandered his life's savings on his first stradivarius, and never regretted it for a moment.

:laugh:

BTW, great idea on incorporating some of the electronic drums with your acoustic set.... Danny Carey is my favorite drummer, some of the electronic stuff is really cool.

Originally posted by codeorama

:laugh:

BTW, great idea on incorporating some of the electronic drums with your acoustic set.... Danny Carey is my favorite drummer, some of the electronic stuff is really cool.

I read that as Dana Carvey, I thought you were insane. :laugh:

They're HERE!

I played them for about 6 hours last night. Simply spectacular.

It's tough to get the hi hats to sound right, because they sound diffeent depending on how you hit them, and the differences aren't natural. The drums as well as the crash and ride cymbals are really great. The cymbals even wash out really nice on cymbal rolls.

The sounds on the TD-8 are great, and I haven't even used any of the extensive customization options.

This is a truly great set for anyone considering spending this kind of money on an electronic kit.

Hopefully I'll get some projects going soon to justify exploiting the home studio options that this kit brings with it.

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

They're HERE!

I played them for about 6 hours last night. Simply spectacular.

It's tough to get the hi hats to sound right, because they sound diffeent depending on how you hit them, and the differences aren't natural. The drums as well as the crash and ride cymbals are really great. The cymbals even wash out really nice on cymbal rolls.

The sounds on the TD-8 are great, and I haven't even used any of the extensive customization options.

This is a truly great set for anyone considering spending this kind of money on an electronic kit.

Hopefully I'll get some projects going soon to justify exploiting the home studio options that this kit brings with it.

Cool, Sounds awsome.

If you ever integrate that kit with an acoustic kit, you won't have to worry about the cymbal problems.

Archived