Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

yea baby....clipped from someone else's post

fansince62

arrington on his new lb mates:

"I'm sure we'll have a little knockout pot going on," Arrington said. "We're going to take it back to the old days when [Jack] Tatum and those guys were trying to knock everybody out."

let's start with.....i don't know......QUINCY!!!!!!!!

lmao...........lavar shouldn't have gone public with this statement as he might slide into the carrier part of the ledger in the league's eyes. but it's still a riot!

"I'm sure we'll have a little knockout pot going on,"

I'll bet melvin Paige is in charge of getting the "Knockoput Pot". :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist an opening like that.

Yeah '62 this defense could be, should be, what the hell WILL BE a locked, loaded and lethal weapon. We need a knickname guys?

How about "The Pit Bulls"?

The%20Working%20Pit%20Bull%20by%20jessup.gif"GRRRRR!!!Marvin JUST SAY SICKEM AND HIS @SS IS mine!!! Aint no panty wearing motherfudging QB's getting loose while the PIT BULLS are on patrol!!!"

This statement is extremely arrogant. While I agree that Washington has one of the best linebacking corps and two of the better corners in the league, their DL doesn't match up very well against Dallas' OL. I don't see anyone on the Redskins' DL that would warrant a double team. This situation puts one of your linebackers against an OL (a situation that always favors the OL). Dallas will then have three players (TE, RB, FB) to block your other two linebackers. If one of your linebackers does happen to break through, you are not dealing with a stationary pocket QB. Quincy can easily buy enough time to get rid of the ball.

Well said, Atl-

But we are banking that when Quincy gets rid of the ball, it will be to one of those stellar coverage corners in burgundy and gold. So far, Quincy has not shown the league that he knows how to get the ball where it needs to go with anything remotely resembling consistency.

Well said, Atl-

But we are banking that when Quincy gets rid of the ball, it will be to one of those stellar coverage corners in burgundy and gold. So far, Quincy has not shown the league that he knows how to get the ball where it needs to go with anything remotely resembling consistency.

Quincy showed that he could do it vs. San Francisco. I think our problem vs. Washington is our receivers vs. your secondary. The Redskins have the edge there. I would expect to see a lot of Dallas runs on Thanksgiving. Dallas has been able to beat Washington by running the football up the middle. This responsibility for Washington falls on the defensive tackles who haven't been up to the challenge the last couple of years.

Originally posted by AtlCB

This statement is extremely arrogant. While I agree that Washington has one of the best linebacking corps and two of the better corners in the league, their DL doesn't match up very well against Dallas' OL. I don't see anyone on the Redskins' DL that would warrant a double team. This situation puts one of your linebackers against an OL (a situation that always favors the OL). Dallas will then have three players (TE, RB, FB) to block your other two linebackers. If one of your linebackers does happen to break through, you are not dealing with a stationary pocket QB. Quincy can easily buy enough time to get rid of the ball.

And what you don't realize is that your TE. FB, and RB's aren't dealing with stationary LB's to block. That reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. One on one blocks are beat very often. How many RB's do you know that can actually block for s***? Now, name a FB, TE OR RB that can block for s*** on your roster. Case in point, your argument is completely invalid. Numbers of Offensive individuals matching up against defensive individuals, give me a break. There's a reason blitz packages are invented, and that blocking schemes are invented.

And what you don't realize is that your TE. FB, and RB's aren't dealing with stationary LB's to block. That reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. One on one blocks are beat very often. How many RB's do you know that can actually block for s***? Now, name a FB, TE OR RB that can block for s*** on your roster. Case in point, your argument is completely invalid. Numbers of Offensive individuals matching up against defensive individuals, give me a break. There's a reason blitz packages are invented, and that blocking schemes are invented.

What???? Have you ever watched an NFL game? Backs and TE's consistantly block linebackers. The opinion that a TE cannot block a linebacker is insane. A lot of TE's are on NFL rosters only for their blocking abilities. Emmitt Smith consistantly has been able to level blitzing linebackers and safeties. Most fullbacks are on the roster for the sole reason to block linebackers. Are you saying that Moose Johnson couldn't block a linebacker?

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that dallas is going to run and that the skins are going to use a timing, disruptive defense....kinda like the iggles do! we'll see how this all plays out in the fall. in the interim, i'm not hearing anything panicky from marvin, so i have to bank on the assumption that he is reasonably comfortable. again, we will pick up a dt post jun 1 - the guy doesn't have to be a star to seal the deal.

Originally posted by fansince62

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that dallas is going to run and that the skins are going to use a timing, disruptive defense....kinda like the iggles do! we'll see how this all plays out in the fall. in the interim, i'm not hearing anything panicky from marvin, so i have to bank on the assumption that he is reasonably comfortable. again, we will pick up a dt post jun 1 - the guy doesn't have to be a star to seal the deal.

Marvin Lewis as defensive coordinator and MLB Jeremiah Trotter were huge pickups for you guys. We'll see who becomes available at DT on June 1.

Archived