Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick Question

PeanutTillman

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

I don't like the Ray Lewis hype machine either, but to put him out of the top-20 and below Rob Morris is :insane:

Yes, stats don't mean everything, but they do mean something. Also, team-wise, Lewis is the captain of the 6th best defense, while Morris' Indianapolis is 29th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4

try to understand the fact that tackles are so easy to twist around, ive seen it happen all the time, especially on the Bears b/c they just need to have urlacehr hit double digits. Lance Briggs would have the guy wrapped up and Urlcerh would fly in and tackle him. Urlacehr gets the takcle. Edgerton Hartwell leads the league in "Tackles taken away". Thats why he's a pilejumper.

Oh, and next time you try to tell me a players better than someone else.. DONT USE TACKLES. Theyre the worst evaluator of talent.

Originally posted by PeanutTillman

Oh, and next time you try to tell me a players better than someone else.. DONT USE TACKLES. Theyre the worst evaluator of talent.

If you'll notice, I posted all the stats. Didn't even mention tackles. You do realize in this very thread you wrote this in defending Urlacher:

In the Lions-Bears game him and his soon-to-be probowl counterpart, Lance Briggs both posted double-digit takcle #'s (if youre going to parade around with stats, LB's are defined by tackles.. not sacks).

If tackles mean nothing, then why did you use it as an argument that Urlacher isn't overrated?

season stats are the biggest culprits. urlacher was inured half the season so he isnt going to be up there. Still had a better year than lewis. Pierce at 16? Farrior not in top 30. MAdeiu Williams (hes a very good safety) is a rookie. gimme a game by game summary of Ray-Rays #s, then pull up Urlacehrs....

there ya go. avg.'s are the best way to make stats at least halfway decent talent evaluators.

EDIT: i fond Farrior on the list. i was pretty shocked not see him. i looked it over and found him

season stats are the biggest culprits. urlacher was inured half the season so he isnt going to be up there. Still had a better year than lewis. Pierce at 16? Farrior not in top 30. MAdeiu Williams (hes a very good safety) is a rookie. gimme a game by game summary of Ray-Rays #s, then pull up Urlacehrs....

there ya go. avg.'s are the best way to make stats at least halfway decent talent evaluators.

This is not about Urlacher, this is about you saing Ray Lewis was out of the top-20. I know you have this obsession with Urlacher, but see if you can leave him out of this for a bit.

Secondly, you posted this on July 7:

LaVarr.. come on guys, Arrington is nowhere near the top.. the consesus #2 LB inthe league is Urlcaher, and even in Chicago we call it no contest, Rays the best guys.. Urlacher at WOLB however would be a hurricane. come on now guys, Lewis is only really bested by Butkus, and Butkus is the best defensive player ever. peroid

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64906

Quite a sudden change in the Peanut rankings. :rolleyes:

Ray Lewis??

Do you understand the word pilejumper. the last time i saw a ray lewis solo-tackle it was on the side of a milk carton. This guy is terrible. He doesnt make impact plays.. he doesnt even get stats. He's just a entertainment kind of thing. He doesnt make plays at all.

Derrick Brooks.. yes Derrick Brooks is good, but he's gaining age.. fast. The younger guys like Briggs and Washington seem to take over games a lot easier than the older guys.

Back to Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis sucks. I dont even have him in my top 20, he's sub-Rob Morris now. I rate players by the plays they make.. and this year, Ray Lewis has dropped a big fat goose egg.

Hey crackhead, Ray lewis had the most solo tackles in the league this year. You are total nonsense and everyone knows it. Stop acting a fool. U are acting like u know so much about football and don't know anything. No RESPECT in my book.

EDIT: i fond Farrior on the list. i was pretty shocked not see him. i looked it over and found him

Alrighty:

Urlacher: 9 games, 69 cmb, 52.0 tck, 36 solo, 17 ast

Averages = 7.66 cmb, 5.77 tck, 4.0 solo, 1.88 ast

Lewis: 15 games, 146 cmb, 100.0 tck, 72 solo, 46 ast

Averages = 9.73 cmb, 6.66 tck, 4.8 solo, 3.06 ast

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/LB-TACKLES/2004/regular

You should really look this stuff up first. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HittinSkinz

LOL.. i love these threads

Yeah, this peanutcase guy is a real riot. First he tries to call us on saying that Toast Bailey is overrated then he says that Arrington is overrated but Urlacher isnt? :laugh:

Heres the thing. Bears fans know their team sucks, they drafted Urlacher in 2000 but they all wanted Arrington but we got him so for the past 5 years weve had to hear Bears fans call Arrington overrated so they can feel better about their team.

The truth is, both players get hurt all the time the only difference is that Arrington still has the potential to be a great player while Urlacher is just a pretty good linebacker who happens to play on the eternally horrible Chicago Bears.

We can all be happy that we didnt have the first pick in that draft and used it to pick Courtney Brown. I wonder how much the name Brown had to do with the Browns picking him, lol. If we had the first pick and there was a good player available named Joe Redskin would we pick him over Arrington? :laugh:

Originally posted by illone

Lavar is a true Redskins, drafted by us and will stay with us for his entire career.

he has had different Coordinators on defense since he started in this league. Next season will be the first year that he has had the same coach in two consecutive seasons...

I would honestly say that Lavar has yet to reach his full potential but I'd be willing to bet that Williams finds a way to use him to his beast potential:evil:

Well put:dallasuck

This is not about Urlacher, this is about you saing Ray Lewis was out of the top-20. I know you have this obsession with Urlacher, but see if you can leave him out of this for a bit.

Secondly, you posted this on July 7:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64906

Quite a sudden change in the Peanut rankings. :rolleyes:

July 7th. Career wise, Lewis is only bested by Butkus, but now. He's garbage, leads the league in solo tackles? No, he doesnt 1st of all. 2nd of all, he gets more ghost tackles than anybody else, like i said, if him and Hartwell sandwich is a guy, Ray Lewis gets a solo-tackle.. are you taht ignorant? Please dont use a preseason post against me in my post 04-05 rankings.

Ray Lewis is now garbage. He doesnt gets picks, he doesnt get sacks, and he gets more phantom tackles than anyone else. His sideline to sideline skills are pretty much gone (you can kind of blame that on the 3-4, though). Lewis is barely a presence in the middle. The Steelers just ran it right down his throat, the pretty much looked at Lewis and decided to run right at him..... it worked. A top 10 MLB should be able to handle a team that wants to run right him.. Lewis cant, not anymore.

The way to beat the Ravens is exactly the opposite of what it used to be, Avoid McAlister (acutalyl, you can pick on him every once and a while, teams have) and stay teh hell away from Reed, and run it at Ray Lewis, just be sure to account for the LB next to him... Edgerton Hartwell.

Originally posted by lolhahaha

Yeah, this peanutcase guy is a real riot. First he tries to call us on saying that Toast Bailey is overrated then he says that Arrington is overrated but Urlacher isnt? :laugh:

Heres the thing. Bears fans know their team sucks, they drafted Urlacher in 2000 but they all wanted Arrington but we got him so for the past 5 years weve had to hear Bears fans call Arrington overrated so they can feel better about their team.

The truth is, both players get hurt all the time the only difference is that Arrington still has the potential to be a great player while Urlacher is just a pretty good linebacker who happens to play on the eternally horrible Chicago Bears.

We can all be happy that we didnt have the first pick in that draft and used it to pick Courtney Brown. I wonder how much the name Brown had to do with the Browns picking him, lol. If we had the first pick and there was a good player available named Joe Redskin would we pick him over Arrington? :laugh:

Both have injury problems. Urlcher didnt miss a game until this year, Arrington i dont believe has played a full 16 games his entire career, i told you guys i wouldnt argue injuries, but you brought it up. Arrington gets hurt a lot mroe than urlacher.

July 7th. Career wise, Lewis is only bested by Butkus, but now. He's garbage, leads the league in solo tackles? No, he doesnt 1st of all. 2nd of all, he gets more ghost tackles than anybody else, like i said, if him and Hartwell sandwich is a guy, Ray Lewis gets a solo-tackle.. are you taht ignorant? Please dont use a preseason post against me in my post 04-05 rankings.

Ray Lewis is now garbage. He doesnt gets picks, he doesnt get sacks, and he gets more phantom tackles than anyone else. His sideline to sideline skills are pretty much gone (you can kind of blame that on the 3-4, though). Lewis is barely a presence in the middle. The Steelers just ran it right down his throat, the pretty much looked at Lewis and decided to run right at him..... it worked. A top 10 MLB should be able to handle a team that wants to run right him.. Lewis cant, not anymore.

The way to beat the Ravens is exactly the opposite of what it used to be, Avoid McAlister (acutalyl, you can pick on him every once and a while, teams have) and stay teh hell away from Reed, and run it at Ray Lewis, just be sure to account for the LB next to him... Edgerton Hartwell.

Man, you are seriously full of it. I gave you the stat averages in comparison to Urlacher like you wanted, and you completely ignore it. Your only argument appears to be Ray Lewis sucks, worst in the league, etc. :blahblah: Then when it comes to facts you're way off.

I'm not saying he's the best, but he is not sub-20, and if you believe so, you're the one that's ignorant.

Both have injury problems. Urlcher didnt miss a game until this year, Arrington i dont believe has played a full 16 games his entire career, i told you guys i wouldnt argue injuries, but you brought it up. Arrington gets hurt a lot mroe than urlacher.

Once again, please check your facts before you show your ignorance. Arrington has played three full seasons, and this is his first year of serious injury problems. :rolleyes:

Peanut, obviously you are a Urlacher fan and there is nothing wrong with that. But you obviously also have a gift for exageration and saying things before checking facts. For Lewis to go from being bested only by the likes of Butkus, to "garbage"in a season is quite a stretch...would'nt you say? Then to say that Arrington has'nt had a healthy season? But I know that you wont admit to being wrong or exagerating.;)

Alrighty:

Urlacher: 9 games, 69 cmb, 52.0 tck, 36 solo, 17 ast

Averages = 7.66 cmb, 5.77 tck, 4.0 solo, 1.88 ast

Lewis: 15 games, 146 cmb, 100.0 tck, 72 solo, 46 ast

Averages = 9.73 cmb, 6.66 tck, 4.8 solo, 3.06 ast

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/LB-TACKLES/2004/regular

You should really look this stuff up first. :rolleyes:

i clicked on the thread and i realized that this guy isnt pulling our chain. he really is a jack @ss

Archived