Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

William Hung-Movie Star!

afparent

William Hung Launches Movie Career

Thursday, January 06, 2005

SINGAPORE — Critics have described his singing as less than heroic, but "American Idol" reject William Hung (search) says he wants to play only good-guys in his fledgling acting career.

In Singapore to promote his first film, the action-comedy "Where Is Mama's Boy?," the Hong Kong-born Hung ruled out any nasty roles.

"I would like to preserve a good image and not play the bad guy or do anything that's obscene," Hung was quoted by The Straits Times newspaper as telling a news conference.

Hung stars in the Cantonese-language film, opening Thursday in Singapore, playing a street vendor who befriends a music club owner played by Hong Kong starlet Nancy Sit (search).

Hung shot to fame in the United States in a bungled but earnest audition for the U.S. talent show "American Idol." The 21-year-old won legions of fans by telling the judges he did his best and had no regrets about being panned for his nerdy, out-of-tune rendition of Ricky Martin's (search) "She Bangs."

Hung, who studies in California, later released an unlikely hit album, "Inspiration," which has sold more than 100,000 copies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143499,00.html

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Amazing the jelousy on this board. I bet you guys hate those people that win the lottery too huh?

You gotta play to win.....

Jealosy is far from it. This guy now earns a living from being semi-retarded. We don't like the 15-mins of fame culture that's going on now. Where morons with no talent can get rich and famous and we're supposed to care.

That said, he seems like a nice enough guy, I just don't want to have to see his goofy mug anymore.

Originally posted by Mister Happy

Why do you think he's rich because he is starring in a low budget movie and he has an album that sold 100,000 copies?

Well, he's made Forbes' "Celebrity 100" list so I assume he's pulling in some decent change.

http://www.forbes.com/maserati/celebrities2004/LIR1T80.html?passListId=53&passYear=2004&passListType=Person&uniqueId=1T80&datatype=Person

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Well, he's made Forbes' "Celebrity 100" list so I assume he's pulling in some decent change.

http://www.forbes.com/maserati/celebrities2004/LIR1T80.html?passListId=53&passYear=2004&passListType=Person&uniqueId=1T80&datatype=Person

It says his pay is $0 million. :laugh:

Clearly that is not a ranking based on wealth.

Apparently he appeared on a lot of tv/radio shows and his website gets a lot of hits.

He's famous, but not rich.

Originally posted by Mister Happy

It says his pay is $0 million. :laugh:

Clearly that is not a ranking based on wealth.

Apparently he appeared on a lot of tv/radio shows and his website gets a lot of hits.

He's famous, but not rich.

So he's not getting rich because he didn't hit the million dollar mark? He IS making some decent money off of no talent. No one was inferring he's making Bill Gates money. I'm sorry you don't consider someone rich until they're a millionaire, but I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't mind the money he's pulling in.

dude is making mroe money than I am right now, and getting album royalties still, thats gotta say something for a nerdy no talent reject from American Idol.

I'm pulling for him though, I hate American Idol, so just to see him being just as famous as the people who won American Idol, really brings a laugh to the show and whatever integrity it has.

No one buys his albums for the quality music! He's a big joke and I think somewhere in his noggin he knows that.

The bad thing is, he is absolutely the worst stereotype of an Asian male but he's REAL. That and he looks like he has Down's Syndrome, which I guess is why they would call people thus afflicted "mongoloids."

Archived