Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys/Giants thread

HeavyHitta31

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

It's good because we have the 10th pick instead of the 11th (had the Cowboys won) and we also play a last place schedule instead of 3rd place schedule.

So its a good day for us too.

We have a 3rd place schedule now and will play the Lions instead of the Vikings next season.

And now have a much higher draft pick. :rolleyes:

maybe the record would of be exactly the same. Who's to say?

I'd like to think we'd do better with those guys, but every year its something. I promise that we'll lose somebody in 05...and hopefully the team will overcome it.

Maybe JJ plays and is used more, and a few of the bigger passing plays that happened would of never been called.

Wow, the high from this game may last until training camp. It feels good to see the Giants win in the second half of the season. And having Manning's coming out party at the same time feels just as good. This was an awesome way to end the season. Sweeping the Cowboys is always joyful. :D

And to answer your question HeHateMe, nothing has happened to the Will's. They are suffering from a lot of starters being injured just as the whole defense is. More of the pressure has been put on them as before tonight, there was quite a lack of a pass rush.

And on another note, I am so glad the Giants didn't trade away Osi Umenyiora.

Originally posted by Ironhide

maybe the record would of be exactly the same. Who's to say?

I'd like to think we'd do better with those guys, but every year its something. I promise that we'll lose somebody in 05...and hopefully the team will overcome it.

Maybe JJ plays and is used more, and a few of the bigger passing plays that happened would of never been called.

Tuna wouldve been able to run the O he likes.

Pounding it out ball control.

He was unable to do so without JJ.

Just like the Skins couldnt run as well without Jansen.

Things will be different for both of us next season.

Actually, I'm not sure who technically finished 2nd or 3rd in the NFC East. I have both the Giants and Cowboys playing against teams that won 132 games. I know they break draft ties with a coin flip but I am not sure how the schedule makers look at it.

Head to Head gets factored in when?

From what I read, a win for us had us playing Minnesota and a loss playing Detroit.

Also, a win had us playing the winner of NO/Carolina and a loss had us playing the loser of NO/Carolina.

Schedule almost set: The 2005 schedule is nearly set. In addition to their division foes, the Cowboys will host Arizona, St. Louis, Denver and Kansas City. They will play at San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland and San Diego.

The final two games will be determined Sunday. Those games will be against NFC North (home) and NFC South (away) foes depending on where the Cowboys finish in the division.

With a win over the Giants, the Cowboys would finish second in the NFC East, which means they would host Minnesota and travel to the winner of Sunday's New Orleans-Carolina game. The Cowboys would finish third in the division with a loss, which would bring Detroit to Texas Stadium, and the Cowboys will play the loser of the New Orleans-Carolina game.

Actually, I'm not sure who technically finished 2nd or 3rd in the NFC East. I have both the Giants and Cowboys playing against teams that won 132 games. I know they break draft ties with a coin flip but I am not sure how the schedule makers look at it.

The draft and division are done completely differently. The draft uses record and strength of schedule only. The division uses head to head, division record, conference record, common opponents, et al.

So a team that finishes ahead of another team in its division could draft before them. It's possible that Dallas, which finished 2nd in the East could draft before the Giants who finished third.

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

The draft and division are done completely differently. The draft uses record and strength of schedule only. The division uses head to head, division record, conference record, common opponents, et al.

So a team that finishes ahead of another team in its division could draft before them. It's possible that Dallas, which finished 2nd in the East could draft before the Giants who finished third.

Giants beat us twice.

Based on your tiebreaker, we would be in 3rd and they would be in 2nd.

Now we couldve had a stronger SOS so we may pick behind them in the draft.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Giants beat us twice.

Based on your tiebreaker, we would be in 3rd and they would be in 2nd.

Now we couldve had a stronger SOS so we may pick behind them in the draft.

But...the Redskins also finished 6-10 so head to head doesn't count. Division record was the first usable tiebreaker and Dallas had the best division record among the three teams, so Dallas finishes second, the Giants third, the Redskins fourth.

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

...actually, I'm wrong. The Giants won three division games. The Cowboys won two. So the Giants finished second in the East and the Cowboys finished third.

I was just about to point that out.

Good.

I'd rather play Detroit than Minnesota.

New Orleans and Carolina are a toss up.

Originally posted by scruffylookin

Eat that last second lost in a game you thought you won.

That's all it means. Nothing more nothing less.

By the way, since I'm a Skins fan and you're a Cowboy fan, by definition, I have WAY MORE CLASS THAN YOU.:D

yeah, we did pull a SKINS tonight. But it is comforting to know that it hasn't been 14 of the last 15 times against the giants. :laugh:

Archived