Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coles is about to....

Skins24

cstewa is basing this description of Coles off of peoples' personal run-ins with him about town.

From everything I have read about Coles off the field with fans, sounds like he can be an a*shole. Take that any way you want it. Am I saying he IS an a*shole? No. I have no idea. Never met the dude. But as Deniro would put it, "I yeard dese tings.........."

I met Brian Mitchell at a boxing match and he was a COMPLETE a*shole. I would elaborate if people cared to hear the story.

Thing is, you don't have to be well liked to be a great player.

Some people don't dig the byproducts of personal success while others crave it.

It's funny how I actually was told a story from a famous guitarist, just BEFORE his show mind you, about Don Johnson being a complete a*shole and not giving the time of day to anyone unless ithey had tits.

Just shows you how ironic these things and people can be.....

This is all pretty strange ... I have an autographed Jerzey I got from him at training camp and he was just as personable to talk with as Marcus Washington ... they were both great. I was at training camp every day this past summer as well as many of the camp days under Spurrier and every time he was great to the fans, and as we would shout, he would smile and stick up a hand and acknowledge us.

This year I had the fun of asking him how he was feeling during the week where the press had not a single thing else to write about except for his potential toe issues. He understood what I was asking and playfully shouted back "Hot" based on the weather instead of his health. Many of us laughed and he enjoyed it too.

I think that people have good days and bad days and sometimes you can't pick and choose who you may run into when you are having those days. From my own personal experience I believe Coles is a very stand up guy, a genuine nice guy, and someone with an impecable work ethic. Yes, he tries to keep some aggression in his play due to the whole draft situation and him being kicked off of Florida States roster as Peter Warrick was the darling of college football that year ... but Football is a very aggressive sport and I would rather him harness a chip on his shoulder and go over the middle, then break out the funky aligator like Todd Pinkston or start dropping everything like 50/50.

Well, you can obviously tell by the way he points his arm forward when he makes a first down that he has serious anger issues. I believe, based solely on the aforementioned movement, that his daddy didn't love him enough, and his Mom was preoccupied with soap operas to give him enough attention at home. I suggest the Redskins fire him since he obviously is not an outgoing person. After all, if you don't have the personality of Cal Ripken, you have no business being on the Redskins:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cstewa

Well I guess it depends on what you mean by stand up guy. Sure he doesn't have run-ins with law and things like that. I didn't mean to suggest that.

But he is very unhappy. He doesn't speak to anyone. He barely speaks to his own team mates. Doesn't sign autograph's. He is upset about his production and mad about the lack of down field passing (which may be understandable...but come on...get a better attitude...)

He is a fiery competitor and he wears his heart on his sleeve, it's obvious that he cant just turn off his emotions and dissapointment in the season he/the team is having that easily...He reminds me of Gary Clark!

All those screen passes to Coles make the average look low. He doesn't have a lot of yards after the catch. He did against the cow****s....

I say end his season and get teh surgery over with. We need to get Mike Williams or another playmaker at the WR position. Rod Gardner's best asset is his arm.

I agree, Coles reminds me of Gary Clark. I think he is frustrated because he obviously doesn't run as fast because of his toe. HE does need surgery. However, it is career threatening.

I'd caution anybody against labeling someone an "*******" based upon a chance meeting on the street or in a club or on an elevator.

When someone approaches YOU on the street (assuming they're not a hot babe in leather with impure designs on you clear in her aspect), what's your first reaction ?

I'll tell you what mine is: "oh for god's sake, leave me alone. My back is sore, my ****ing car needs brakes, my wife's had a headache for 5 years, my kid needs braces and my boss is a gaping arsehole from hell. I need THIS?"

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I AM an *******.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

All those catches and he doesn't have a 1,000 yds....they obviously need to work on getting the ball down the field in the offseason!

which is why we should get mike williams, he would help open up coles, an in turn, command double teams over time. one of them is bound to be open, and when they are open, one of them is bound to run a deep route

sounds good doesn't it? Coles going, and hacing a couple of steps on his man, kinda brings a smile onto your face:D :D

Originally posted by Om

cstewa, you keep talking about his "poor attitude" and "unhappiness" and hinting at having some kind of inside knowledge, but frankly, you haven't said one thing that indicates you've ever even met the man, much less "know" him or any people around him. Fact is, it sounds like you don't "know" any more about him than any other person off the street.

Opinions are great. Trying to prop them up with vague hints at inside info you can't share, though, sometimes only serves to make people think you may just be full of it. :)

I never said that I met him or suggested that I met him. You must not have read the entire thread. I gave you the example of my father in law seeing him in the tent. That is the only inside knowlege I eluded to. That is the only incident I could give you specifics on.

I am not sure why you would say that I am "full of it" when I give you instances to support my opinion. And again I have said multiple times that this is just my opinion. Just like you give yours frequently. Now granted I don't "help run the site" or have more than 100 or so post, and if that is your reason for calling me a liar or "full of it" or whatever you are insinuating then I have learned a lot about you and this board.

Oh, I read the thread. And I'm not the only one to read a lot more "insinuation" into your comments than you seem willing to acknowledge. And I stopped well short of calling you a "liar," as I think you would probably have to admit if you actually read what I wrote. :)

Perhaps we should just chalk this one up to general misunderstanding all around ... deal?

Archived