Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coles is about to....

Skins24

Some folks may be shy, but a person's outward appearance is often an indication of their state of mind. I am not a pyschologist, nor trying to dissect the guy, from, at least outward appearances to some, he does not seem happy.

He may not be a fan friendly guy - I have heard from more than one person that Darrell Green isn't the most approachable person as well. I guess a person's demeanor to fans may not always be an indication of how happy, or upset, they are about their situation.

Ok, I know this post doesn't really help one bit!

not talking after a loss doesn't mean he's unhappy here.

Just like the guy that works at cheescake said he looked bummed after the Eagles game.

Sounds like he takes his job personally. I don't think he'd be playing through injuries if he didn't want to be here.

Originally posted by jimster

not talking after a loss doesn't mean he's unhappy here.

Just like the guy that works at cheescake said he looked bummed after the Eagles game.

Sounds like he takes his job personally. I don't think he'd be playing through injuries if he didn't want to be here.

actually the tent incident was at home....after we beat the Giants.

Hey you could be right. He might just be an unhappy person. It migth not be with living in Washington, we have no idea what is going on in his life. He's a person too. There are a ton of people out there who are generally unhappy, maybe Coles is too. Just because that could be his personality, we shouldnt run him out of town.

I dont have any personal experiance with Coles to tell you that your lying, becasue I have never met or interacted with him. Unlike with the guy who was mad at Ramsey this past week, where I have had contact and could call him on that. So I just hope this is people reading to much into it.

Originally posted by skinsfan080

Hey you could be right. He might just be an unhappy person. It migth not be with living in Washington, we have no idea what is going on in his life. He's a person too. There are a ton of people out there who are generally unhappy, maybe Coles is too. Just because that could be his personality, we shouldnt run him out of town.

I dont have any personal experiance with Coles to tell you that your lying, becasue I have never met or interacted with him. Unlike with the guy who was mad at Ramsey this past week, where I have had contact and could call him on that. So I just hope this is people reading to much into it.

Hey I missed the guy who was mad at Ramsey....do you have a link?

coles haters now?? LA is not playing so they must find someone to hate ...you guys can be morons sometimes ...Coles IS known for not complaining about his assignments , known for not ****ing about not getting the ball AND HE is usually the ONLY one who is playing just as hard the last snap an he did the first snap ..notice how he almost broke a TD run the last 30 seconds against dallas ...coles is a surgery away from being fantastic he plays with a dislocated finger and freakish messed up toe and in a horrible offense and he doesnt ***** and moan about it in fact he says nothing of his injuries cuz he doesnt want to make excuses , notice how he popped his finger back in in the first dallas game without even talking to anyone about it ??? get a freakin hobby or something instead of just random hating

I'm sorry you are upset because Coles doesn't

talk to fans. I guess you are sensitive. Personally,

I could care less whether Coles interacts with the

fans or not. All I require is that he gives his best

effort on the field..and he does that.

I do think Coles is unhappy with what's happened

on the field this year. Just look at his body language.

Truthfully, he should be upset..cause I know I am.

A 180lbs WR being used like a TE..makes no sense.

And as for the comment about Coles hating D.C.

and being here only for the money...unless you have

concrete proof..you are just speculating.

Originally posted by cstewa

I hope so....I am sick of his rudeness to fans...and not just regular fans....family members of other redskins players...funny what money does to people...

What the hell are you talking about? :insane: Have you met him? My wife met him in Tysons Corner last Christmas & he was very nice to her. I've NEVER heard one thing about him being rude to fans. Where did you get this info.?

Somebody's doing some SERIOUS back-pedalling in this thread.

:rolleyes:

I don't know Coles. If he was ugly to me in an elevator, I'd probably chalk it up to him having a bad day, vs assuming he needs to be on antidepressants, but hey, thats just me.

He's a hell of a player. THAT I do know. And I think he's been playing hurt, and playing pretty well hurt, for a long time. Here's to hoping he gets healthy in the off-season.

He has always had a chip on his shoulder, he has said as much. Its part of his motivation, I can understand that.

I would like to hear about him and Ramsey working together this offseason. The way Manning and Harrison do. Pat seems to look for him over Gardner on the field. I think we will see them progress together in this offense next season. Coles works hard and deserves some team and personal success.

Originally posted by 1-2-3 times a loser

what the hell are you on about??

EXACTLY!! what the hell are YOU talkin' about??!?! It sounds like to me that you're just one of those fan's that don't like him for some reason.

awwwww what happened, he would'nt give you an autograph or something??

Well...look guys....I certainly respect your opinion to disagree with me. And no he never rejected me for an autograph. I did give my reasons for my opinion and gave examples as to why I have that opinion.

There are a lot of guys on the team that have had a rough year. And I respect thier ability to still have a good outlook and good attitude. Case in point Lavar. I am not just trying to pick on Coles or just bash him for no reason.

I am also not backpeddling. I just gave you my thoughts in a civil way.

I never said Coles was not good player or that he didn't try hard. In fact I did say that he does try hard, he just has a bad attitude about it. And this (and now this is just conjecture...no hard facts judge) to me would seem to be deconstuctive to the team.

Originally posted by cstewa

In fact I did say that he does try hard, he just has a bad attitude about it. And this (and now this is just conjecture...no hard facts judge) to me would seem to be deconstuctive to the team.

what the FOCK does that mean dude?!?

Face it, you are giving your OPINION. Not a fact. And a bad opinion at that considering nobody agrees with you.

Mini-Me, move DOWN THE BENCH.

You have your opinion and everything, but is it fair to judge somebody's commitment and general attitude towards life by the way he treats fans? Saying he's a hateful person is making a pretty direct accusation, and your 'experiences' aren't worthy of backing it up.

Professional sports players play the game because they love it, not because they want to sign autographs when they get to the big leagues. I've seen Lavernius take over as Captain of the receiving corps this year. He takes screens and big hits through the middle like it's his forte'. He gets excited when he makes a first down, and he run blocks like a freakin' pit bull. Man is a horse, I don't know about you, but we should BUILD around this guy - much less trade him.

I don't remember him being any different when Spurrier was around than what he is now. He's the same guy; reserved, focused, athletic, who cares what he's like behind closed doors? We don't need to know our players on a personal level.

:2cents:

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

You have your opinion and everything, but is it fair to judge somebody's commitment and general attitude towards life by the way he treats fans? Saying he's a hateful person is making a pretty direct accusation, and your 'experiences' aren't worthy of backing it up.

Professional sports players play the game because they love it, not because they want to sign autographs when they get to the big leagues. I've seen Lavernius take over as Captain of the receiving corps this year. He takes screens and big hits through the middle like it's his forte'. He gets excited when he makes a first down, and he run blocks like a freakin' pit bull. Man is a horse, I don't know about you, but we should BUILD around this guy - much less trade him.

I don't remember him being any different when Spurrier was around than what he is now. He's the same guy; reserved, focused, athletic, who cares what he's like behind closed doors? We don't need to know our players on a personal level.

:2cents:

^ ^ ^

I hate when I write good posts that end up on the very bottom of a page. :type: :bow:

Well I think hatefull and "rude with a poor attitude" are different. I wish the guy was likable. He is a good player and could be a great player. Someone pointed out that he was the same guy last year. Several people have also said that they met him last year and he was OK. So maybe this is new thing and he will come out of it. I hope so because no telling what his production will be once we get the ball rolling.

cstewa, you keep talking about his "poor attitude" and "unhappiness" and hinting at having some kind of inside knowledge, but frankly, you haven't said one thing that indicates you've ever even met the man, much less "know" him or any people around him. Fact is, it sounds like you don't "know" any more about him than any other person off the street.

Opinions are great. Trying to prop them up with vague hints at inside info you can't share, though, sometimes only serves to make people think you may just be full of it. :)

Archived