Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get Excited!!!!!

RedskinsNation

Its Week 17 and the end of the season...and were elimated and done BUT we should be excited to see what this week 17 matchup provides...

Our D vs. the most explosive offense in the NFC.

Our Secondary vs. the most explosive WR in the league. This could be a confidence booster for next year. (And I will enjoy seeing how S.Taylor fares against Moss & Co.)

In addition...the Vikes playoff lives are on the line so our guys will have to be at the top of their game as well.

Ladell Betts' first start in over a year (Im actually thinking he is gonna play big and surprise some people) - maybe generates some trade value????

Also interested to see how we RESPOND to one of the most demoralizing/heartbreaking losses since that week 5 matchup 3 yrs ago vs. Dallas on MNF where S.Davis fumbled the ball when we were trying to run out the clock.

If someone told me during July (last summer) that we'd be 5-10 going into a Jan. 2nd home game vs. Minny I would of laughed in their faces....but its a reality now. Normally I wouldnt even be phased by this "pack-it-in-game", but this year Im interested to see what we can bring to the table.

And last but not least...

Its the last time we get to see our beloved Redskins in those burgundy & gold uniforms until next summer....so make the best of it & ENJOY it!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Originally posted by bwall-2

I'm sorry,but I'm not excited at all.I'm not going to sugarcoat it,this season was a failure.

It was a failure...no question...but its not like were wrapping up the season against the Arizona Cardinals or Chicago Bears etc...

This is a random game against the Vikes and a chance to show that our D should be respected...I welcome the Challenge.:cheers:

I'm sorry,but I'm not excited at all.I'm not going to sugarcoat it,this season was a failure.

How can you call this season a failure. We have our coach back, though his offense didn't click this year, Ramsey has a full year under his belt and will do the job next year. Our defense suprised all of us. I don't believe there was a person on this board that would have guessed we were going to compete for the #1 ranked defense in the year, the entire year.

Our two top draft picks, Taylor and Cooley have shown real promise for years to come. Our backup linebackers have shown that they can come in and compete, and Ramsey didn't get the crap beat out of him.

If this isn't promising, I'm sorry, I'll never know what promising is. This, above everything else has me exited. Maybe not over the Vikings game, but for next season and seasons to come.

Good post......despite your position in the standings, there is something valuable to be learned from every game. We have to look at this weekend as being our playoff game, and do the same thing that the Cardinals did to the Vikings a year ago.

The Dallas game is going to sting for a long while, but going out there and embarrassing ourselves against the Vikings will make it worse yet.

I fully expect us to beat the Vikings on Sunday. Our guys have shown no quit all season, despite some very tough losses.

I think the way we responded the week after the heartbreaking Philly game indicates the type of character on this ball club. Coach Gibbs won't let our guys pack it in early.

Originally posted by Symbol

How can you call this season a failure. We have our coach back, though his offense didn't click this year, Ramsey has a full year under his belt and will do the job next year. Our defense suprised all of us. I don't believe there was a person on this board that would have guessed we were going to compete for the #1 ranked defense in the year, the entire year.

Our two top draft picks, Taylor and Cooley have shown real promise for years to come. Our backup linebackers have shown that they can come in and compete, and Ramsey didn't get the crap beat out of him.

If this isn't promising, I'm sorry, I'll never know what promising is. This, above everything else has me exited. Maybe not over the Vikings game, but for next season and seasons to come.

I don't know about you,but I don't live in the D.C. market and it is embarrasing as hell to go into work and to look people in the eye after another dreadful season.You call 5-11 promising?After they went 5-11 the previous year.I'm sorry,but I can only touch a hot stove so often.I hope they turn this thing around next year,god knows I do,but I'm going to take the Lavar Arrington "wait and see"approach for next year.

Originally posted by Symbol

I agree completely. (you stole my post :laugh: )

:cheers:

I don't know about you,but I don't live in the D.C. market and it is embarrasing as hell to go into work and to look people in the eye after another dreadful season.You call 5-11 promising?After they went 5-11 the previous year.I'm sorry,but I can only touch a hot stove so often.I hope they turn this thing around next year,god knows I do,but I'm going to take the Lavar Arrington "wait and see"approach for next year.

I live in California, and yes I hear about the Redskins record all of the time. Two of my coworkers are from Texas and are fans of the Dallas Cowpies. So I have to hear about the Redskins defeats every day at work, but that doesn't mean that I lose faith in the team. I downed Steve Spurrier the two years he was the Head Coach because the man didn't get it.

Coach Joe Gibbs knows what he's doing. Even though we hoped that we'd be a great team immidiately, Coach Gibbs never promised it. We will be better next year, because we have a great coaching staff and the talent on the team to make us even better next year.

Originally posted by jtyler42

When I wake up on sunday mornings in the fall it's like xmas morning to a 10yr old b/c I get to watch and hear Redskins all day long!!!

I'm pumped BABY!!!!

I with ya dude, I follow them all year long, with Gibbs back

every move is intriguing.

I donot expect a nickname like the Dirtbags next year, the name fit them perfectly by the way.

I expect a very beefy line, bugel is not going to allow this to happen twice.

Archived