Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ART - I am still waiting

Qcard

Art

The Coach

(6.63 Posts Per Day)

posted on April-23rd-2002 11:47 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snyder's football team makes more money than any other team in the league. Snyder also has more cash than any owner in the league. Champ will get at least a $10 million bonus and Snyder will smile and say, "Redskin for life my friend." You need not worry about the Redskins having cash to pay out for signing bonus money. Besides, Marty saved Snyder $27 million he tried to spend last year. He's got a war chest above his normal war chest .

Doom is in the box.

Last edited by Art on April-23rd-2002 at 12:08 PM

Qcard

The Waterboy

(2.53 Posts Per Day)

PROVE IT!!!!! posted on April-23rd-2002 12:43 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Art

1.Snyder's football team makes more money than any other team in the league.2. Snyder also has more cash than any owner in the league. Champ will get at least a $10 million bonus and Snyder will smile and say, "Redskin for life my friend." You need not worry about the Redskins having cash to pay out for signing bonus money. Besides, Marty saved Snyder $27 million he tried to spend last year. He's got a war chest above his normal war chest .

Art I am calling you out please prove the following statements above

I have listed numbers besides the opinion you have stated. IT will go along way negating your BLIND HOMERISM

There never was a rivarly in the 90's, unless you were the 49ers or Packers

We don't even need Art to back up his posts. A five second google.com search turned this up (can't you do your own digging, qcard?)

http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/17/082tab_print.html

This article is from last september. The Skins had revenues of $194 million in fiscal year 2k, $13 million ahead of its nearest competitors (the cowboys). I believe the gap is wider now, as changes to the stadium have been completed to allow for more moolah to be collected, along with several lucrative licensing deals. The same chart also shows the Skins as having the highest operating income in the league.

QCard,

You may be the biggest dope I've ever seen. You do understand I'm not presenting an opinion. I'm presenting absolute fact. That you don't know it just is embarrassing to you.

Read here:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,4856386,00.html

Under the major issue three, regarding the Redskins continuing to be the trendsetter in the league being the first team to produce over $200 million in revenue.

http://wsjclassroomedition.com/1001_spo_2.htm

Look here, a year earlier, from the Wall Street Journal's classroom edition, which was appropriate for you I thought.

Number one here. But, we know that. Remember, now, teams are listed in ALPHABETICAL order.

To be honest, I'm heading off to a meeting so I don't have more than the five minutes it took to find just this to paste for you. But, it is not questioned that the Redskins are the most highly valued NFL franchise and the franchise that produces the most revenue. The money Snyder's team produces, more than any other, gives him more than any other owner to spend on his players and, we're not even talking about his personal wealth which is very liquid and remarkably high. But, chief, thanks for losing yet another round of, "I didn't know that, I bet Art made it up, oh crap, he didn't, I just didn't know that." You win nothing, but you are made to feel stupid because of it, so, at least it's not really different.

Originally posted by CounterTre

That's ok Jerrah is working out a 10 million dollar a year punter deal...Kicking can't be overstated according to Jerrah. Now with hos 4 million dollar long snapper he'll have a 14 million dollar kicking game! :laugh:

Hey, don't laugh. The kicking game cost us about 3 games last year. I think it's worth $14 million to tighten up the kicking game.

:pint:

Eddie

Originally posted by Hog Fever

Hey 9,

I thought Q was helping Jerry tighten up the loose skin around his neck and chin. :D

Come on. JJ had that taken care of LAST year. Where have you been? :high: Sheesh, talk about being late to the party ...

Eddie

Art, TheChosenone and Bufford

1.Snyder's football team makes more money than any other team in the league
Fact - I'll eat crow(I already knew this fact already but my challenge was a setup to your second Homerish Opinion

Redskins making more money than any other team in the league is factual. The Redskins revenues distance other clubs because:

1. Highest Ticket prices in the NFL

2. Teams worth based on what Synder paid($796-800 million)

But what you fail to realize is that this revenue(operating income) does not equate to having more money or cash than any other team or owner. WHY?

Break down

Revenue(Gross Income) does not include the debt and/or expenditure of the team. Your own links shows the Redskins have a 77% debt value. That is 22% more debt value than the second team(chicago). If you click on the Redskins link on the table it shows at the bottom under" Skinny" that the team and stadium are Heavily leveraged by various sponsors - meaning you guys owe folks alot of money( money borrowed to purchase team and stadium - Hopefully the bill collectors are Skin Fans)

Some teams did all right, according to these disclosures. In Cleveland, the Browns, in their first season in a new stadium, turned a neat profit of 39.7 percent. In Tennessee, the Titans did 36.1. In Washington, the Redskins put a profit, according to the studies, of 28.0 percent in Daniel Snyder's pocket.

The figures that have come to light as a consequence of the Davis case, however, are not necessarily all-encompassing. The reports detail revenues more fully than they do expenses. To make this point, they do not reflect the debt service Snyder incurred when he purchased the Redskins and Fedex Field for $600 million.

Entire article link below:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/magee/20010520-9999_1s20nflcol.html

It is ludicrous or stupid(but In your case HOMERISH) to state:

2. Snyder also has more cash than any owner in the league.

Money is generated from profits not revenue. It is a fact that the Redskins made the most revenue, but it is also a fact that Synder has hike the ticket prices, parking prices and increased expensive luxury boxes to meet the debts your team has incured. Simply put he may generate $10 bucks, but he is just cuting it if he owes $8.50 in debts.

PROFIT IS THE NAME OF THE GAME. Profit earned by the franchises is what makes owners and franchises the richest.

Funny, Your own link as a rebuttal states clearly:

Hold your horses! Formerly No. 1 in revenues, the mighty Cowboys are still the kings when it comes to profits. They'll make at least $10 million this year, despite 200-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl.

I do not take any of this information to heart because they are not supplied by the NFL.ORG or the owners ACCOUNTANTS

But, it is fun to see bugeyed HOMERISH fans as your self try to make a chicken nugget into a Fillet Mignon.

Q,

I didn't completely read your rebuttal because it is so poorly organized, but I did manage to get to this point:

2. Teams worth based on what Synder paid($796-800 million)

Doesn't this fly in the face of capitalism? Isn't the worth based on an estimation of the CURRENT market value of the team?

If I bought a house 3 years ago, and sold it today, shouldn't I expect to get the CURRENT market value for the house, not what I bought it at a few years ago?

I can just see the negotiation:

Seller: "We're asking $400K. We feel that's a fair reflection of what houses are going for around here."

Buyer: "Well, you only paid $250K for it, so that's what I'm going to give you."

Seller: "Doggone it, you're right. That's what I paid for it, so that's what I should sell it to you for."

Now, if I can only get the county assessor's office to buy this line of reasoning.:D

"In Cleveland, the Browns, in their first season in a new stadium, turned a neat profit of 39.7 percent. In Tennessee, the Titans did 36.1. In Washington, the Redskins put a profit, according to the studies, of 28.0 percent in Daniel Snyder's pocket"

That's all very well and good, but without saying what those percentages are based on, it's meaningless. Percent of what???

I'd rather have 28% of $800M than 39.7% of $500M

Q, I am always pleased to see even the most simple and accurate facts escape your primative understanding. Again, you hear me tell you that 2+2=4 and you insist it really equals 5. Sorry.

"Fact - I'll eat crow(I already knew this fact already but my challenge was a setup to your second Homerish Opinion

Redskins making more money than any other team in the league is factual."

Q, you had NO idea this was the case. You were stunned, and you spent the last five hours finding an article written in the San Diego newspaper with incorrect figures and dated PRIOR to the information we presented in a very weak effort to explain what you don't get. You'll eat crow alright. Stupidity isn't a disease. It's a choice. You can correct this in yourself by listening to those who know more than you do, which, it appears, is anyone other than you.

"The Redskins revenues distance other clubs because:

1. Highest Ticket prices in the NFL "

Not actually a fact. Certainly a partial fact. The Redskins qualify Club seating as "premium" seating. In no other case do premium seats, which include luxury boxes, count in the cost of tickets in the NFL. In fact, if you exclude the Redskins premium seating and just, which is 15,000 seats ranging from $99 to $200 a seat, the cost of general admission seating is not in the Top 10.

The real reason the Redskins are the league's top generating producing team is because Snyder has increased attendence by over 130,000 a year since he took over. He has completed the stadium the Cooke's left unfinished and generally, the general admission costs are rated around No. 11 or so in football.

"2. Teams worth based on what Synder paid($796-800 million)

But what you fail to realize is that this revenue(operating income) does not equate to having more money or cash than any other team or owner. WHY?"

Every team in the NFL got a tremendous boost in value because of Snyder's purchase of the Redskins. In 1998 the Cowboys were valued at $413 million. The Redskins, in 1998, were valued at $403 million. In 1999 the Cowboys were valued at $663 million while the Redskins were valued at $607 million. As you see, every team in football, including the top two, got great bumps. The Cowboys got a larger one. In 2000, the Redskins were valued at $741 million. The Cowboys were valued at $713 million.

As you see, the efforts the Redskins put in to increase attendance, generate more profit and revenue, paid off directly. It wasn't the purchase price of the team that set this. It was the market performance of the teams that set this. But, you don't understand business models I'm sure.

As for operating income, which is the profit the two teams made, the breakdown was that Washington made $76.3 million after expenses (which included $101 million in player expenses) versus the Cowboys who made $56.4 million with player expenses of around $76 million. Not only is the advantage huge and unquestioned, but, it's so clear and is so right in front of you that failing to see it is a great condemnation of your educational background.

"Break down

Revenue(Gross Income) does not include the debt and/or expenditure of the team. Your own links shows the Redskins have a 77% debt value. That is 22% more debt value than the second team(chicago). If you click on the Redskins link on the table it shows at the bottom under" Skinny" that the team and stadium are Heavily leveraged by various sponsors - meaning you guys owe folks alot of money( money borrowed to purchase team and stadium - Hopefully the bill collectors are Skin Fans)"

Moron, we don't owe any sponsors money for anything. There are a number of sponsors who PAY us to use their names. We have a heavy debt ratio that the league has worked out special considerations with Snyder on, as published in every major newspaper some time ago. Further, Snyder has leveraged much of his debt against liquid cash so he can have his cash work for him, earning at a higher rate than the interest. The incredible difference between what the Redskins make and what everyone else does gives them a clear advantage in funding the debt, and still being the league's best profit maker. I know you hate it, but, I didn't make it so. Dan Snyder did.

"It is ludicrous or stupid(but In your case HOMERISH) to state:

2. Snyder also has more cash than any owner in the league.

Money is generated from profits not revenue."

And the Redskins turned the greatest profits in football by more $20 million, DESPITE having $25 million more in player expenses. This is clear. And, so you know, revenue is precisely what makes profits. Without revenue, you make no profits. Profits are what you don't spend from the creation of the revenue. You understand?

It is absolutely blind ignorance to fight these uncontroverted facts. Snyder's team makes more, is worth more and has the greatest profit in all of football. Snyder, therefore, has more money than anyone else to put back into the team, as he has with signing bonus dollars, and $50 million in stadium improvements and $35 million in road improvements.

"It is a fact that the Redskins made the most revenue, but it is also a fact that Synder has hike the ticket prices, parking prices and increased expensive luxury boxes to meet the debts your team has incured. Simply put he may generate $10 bucks, but he is just cuting it if he owes $8.50 in debts.

PROFIT IS THE NAME OF THE GAME. Profit earned by the franchises is what makes owners and franchises the richest. "

Moron, the Redskins turned $20 million more in profit despite paying $25 million more in player expenses, than did the Cowboys. It doesn't get much more clear. The Redskins have been said to be the highest ticket price in the NFL since 1997 when the stat came out and included the Redskins new club seats they'd never previously had. Snyder didn't own the team in 1997. The team raised ticket prices the highest for the first year into the new stadium. Snyder has kept the average general admission cost fairly reasonable, while increasing the cost of premium seating. But you know what, it doesn't matter. People continue to come and Snyder has turned the largest profit from the greatest revenue in the history of the league.

"Funny, Your own link as a rebuttal states clearly:

quote:

Hold your horses! Formerly No. 1 in revenues, the mighty Cowboys are still the kings when it comes to profits. They'll make at least $10 million this year, despite 200-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Correct, and the Redskins made an even larger profit.

"I do not take any of this information to heart because they are not supplied by the NFL.ORG or the owners ACCOUNTANTS

But, it is fun to see bugeyed HOMERISH fans as your self try to make a chicken nugget into a Fillet Mignon."

Actually, dip, Forbes' information is absolutely provided by the NFL and the individual teams. What's really fun is seeing a Dallas fan see the Redskins turned the largest profit on the greatest revenue and decide to ignore that and say it's not really true.

How do you like that crow?

He'll spend another four hours looking up operating income, and seeing if he can't find anything contrary on Dallas Cowboys.com to drill me with, and he'll swing very hard, and loud and then whimper away as per the norm :).

There stands mighty ART, foot on Q's chest, beaming, the sunglistening off his hairless chest, small rivulets of sweat meander their way down the rocky slope that is his abs.....hey wait a min...

you know there is something like a proverb....

you don't kill a dog for barking.

Archived