Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That was on Taylor, not Springs!

neilclarke

Springs had the underneath route...... Taylor was supposed to cover that receiver down the field... He chose to pick up K. Johnson over the middle because he was playing on instincts and figured that's where Vinny would go..... That's where experience comes into play.... Vinny saw that and beat them. Taylor made a rookie mistake and cost the Redskins the game. Plain and simple.... On the bright side, he's going to be good.... Real good.... We'll be a playoff team next year....

Originally posted by neilclarke

Springs had the underneath route...... Taylor was supposed to cover that receiver down the field... He chose to pick up K. Johnson over the middle because he was playing on instincts and figured that's where Vinny would go..... That's where experience comes into play.... Vinny saw that and beat them. Taylor made a rookie mistake and cost the Redskins the game. Plain and simple.... On the bright side, he's going to be good.... Real good.... We'll be a playoff team next year....

I think your wrong. Who was supposed to cover Keyshawn?

Springs bit on Keyshawn too and couldn't recover back to the outside. IMHO.

I agree and disagree. Springs gets the blame for releasing the WR way too soon and giving him and open sideline to run down, and then Taylor did take a bad route where as if he took a better angle at the ball carrier, he could have tackled him at about the 3 yd line and our defense would have still had a chance.

The problem was that on 4th and 10, we allowed the Cowboys to convert. No excuse.

No, that was Taylor's fault...

It looked like we were in Cover2, in that Springs responsibility is to force WR to an inside release and trail loosely behind to watch the flats if no flat routes come his way he trails the deep WR... Taylor has his deep half of the field(hash to the sideline)....

The play broke down in two parts....Springs allowed the WR an outside release, you cant do that b/c the WR gets on the safety to fast, and Taylor got caught on the hash covering the seam route MeShawn ran and he couldnt get out on the deep pass...

Bad call + Bad execution = TD Cowpukes....

We honestly should have went man up and blitzed w/2 deep safeties...

I agree - if Taylor doesn't get his crystal ball polished soon - I think we should cut him.

The man-boy is amazing. He's a Rookie - and is backboning the D along w/ Pierece - Follow the strip tonight - the "Ints" all season - the hits - Sean makes peeps think

Were I in Vegas and gambling my whore wife's income from her night's proceeds - I'd bet on Black 36 on the Super Roulette Skin Wheel.

C'mon Gibbs - you gotta open Ramsey up - or Parcells (or whomever takes his spot and the rest of the division) will own you and your team.

Taylor arrived a little late. It was definately more his fault for being a little out of position in the called zone.

But kid is tight.

Great strip on JJ earlier in the game.

And I dont think he missed a tackle all game.

You got a blue chipper there. Growing pains, nothing more, nothing less.

He'll most likely be in the PB next season.

It was not Springs. In a cover 2 (which is the D play that appeared to be called) Springs covers the under and Taylor was supposed to pick him up the WR on the deep route. Sean chose to follow Keyshawn - if you watch the replay Keyshawn gets picked up by the right side safety (just like he is supposed to) and Taylor then tries to recover by going back to the left side deep route - too late to recover.

Rookie mistake... It is what it is.

Archived