Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PURE FOOLERY....Trotter over Pierce for the ProBowl

diego1115

Pure unadulterated COOKEYNESS!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am not a happy camper over that

can someone legitimately (sp) explain to me why someone who only started after the 1st Skins game....can start over someone who started every game this season?????

PLEASE!!!!!

Honestly Trot's #'s wouldn't show what he has meant to this defense. Every person on here has said in the past it's easy to beat the Eagles, just run on them. Well guess what, you can't run on them anymore for a reason. Trot is very deserving, and I think it's time you guys let your biased approach go. This wasn't a case of fans picking a media darling... This was coaches and players picking as well.

Originally posted by Number5

So the fact that Trotter basically took a bottom 25 defense on his shoulders, instilled a nasty attitude and raised it to Top 10 status in under 10 games, means nothing?

Don't blame him, blame your fans who didn't vote for your guy!

Fans only count as a third, meaning each fan vote counts for less then any coach or player's vote.

So the fact that Trotter basically took a bottom 25 defense on his shoulders, instilled a nasty attitude and raised it to Top 10 status in under 10 games, means nothing?

And can you not make the same argument that Pierce is a MAJOR factor in raising the quality of our defense to #2 in the NFL, #1 in the NFC? Scheme is one thing - but having the right players to marshall the scheme on the field is another. There is no doubt that Pierce is the cog that facilitates that translation.

You have to admit that. If you don't, then you certainly have no clue how our defense operates.

Trotter may have a nasty attitude, but please; you rest on significantly weaker ground claiming that he alone is responsible for an attitude.

And also, I hope you know this, because if not it's quite sad, but fan voting reflects only 33.3% of the total vote.

P.S. This pro bowl result is a joke. But it's nothing new.

im not biased at all....i understand what he's done for your defense and its commended....but to sit here and say he has had a better year than Antonio Pierce is a farce

I like Trottier...always have....he was injured here, those things happen

but if you have Probowlers in Sheppard, Lewis, Dawkins on defense...he didnt NOT have to put that defense on his shoulders....he helped a great deal, no doubt about it....but that comment is pure foolery

Whatever man. Look at the gaping difference in those stats. That's a bunch of crap, and deep down, you know it dude.

If trotter did what you said he did, then why aren't his numbers higher? Why can't he even compare w/ Pierce's stats?

Anyways, the fans of the Eagles are bandwagon fans that see a team doing well and want to vote for their players. It sucks, it's a crappy system, and I hope it changes really soon.

Trotter as a probowler is crap period. I'm not pissed that he's over Pierce; I would be pissed if it were over another deserving player. The notion that Trotter took a bad defense and single-handedly made it better is also crap. If I'm not mistaken, Trotter's promotion and starting installation was accompanied by two other moves on the defensive side of the ball. Trotter is a solid player, but a probowler he isn't. I do think Pierce has played on a probowl level, his numbers show that.

I know you a Eagles fan and all but keep it real. Trotter was a proven Pro Bowler, Pierce is just a gettin his feet wet

For Pierce to come and fill Mike Barrow's shoes to the fullest really shows that he means more to the Skins defense.

And then Lito Shepard Better than Springs or Smoot? Please.

I will give you Dawkins. He deserves it.

My biggest dissapointment out of all of this BS is Cornellius Griffin. He got robbed. Period Point blank.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Whatever man. Look at the gaping difference in those stats. That's a bunch of crap, and deep down, you know it dude.

If trotter did what you said he did, then why aren't his numbers higher? Why can't he even compare w/ Pierce's stats?

Anyways, the fans of the Eagles are bandwagon fans that see a team doing well and want to vote for their players. It sucks, it's a crappy system, and I hope it changes really soon.

1 - He started half of the season...so as far as stats go....BLAH!

2- Bandwagon fans huh? You don't know Eagles fans then do you?

You guys do know that trotter's stats don't match cause he didn't play as many games right?

Trotter hasn't even been a full-time starter this year. It's impossible to believe he's a Pro Bowl player when it took him half the season to make it into his own team's starting lineup. I happen to LOVE Trotter. I happen to think Trotter is a greater impact on the game when used correctly than pretty much ANY other middle backer. I think in a full season starting Trotter is a clear Pro Bowler every year, again, if used correctly.

He's just not a Pro Bowler this year. I don't know that Pierce is either, but, in comparision, you have to go with guys who start over guys who don't. Having Trotter in is a farce for this reason if no other.

Pierce was the leader of our #1 defense while Trotter was still busting up punters on special teams and standing over them like he had done something great.

It is really a joke that he's in there. I have no problem if Pierce isnt going, as long as the person who is going in his place actually deserves it.

Archived