Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Johnson...

halter91

I'd keep Holmes. LJ might just be a flash in the pan, Holmes has a couple great years left in him. You could also scam a desperate team into more for a 24 year old RB with little wear on him, than for a 31 year old one(even if he's a superstar) with a history of injuries.

Kid has been an awesome pickup for my fantasy teams, diapers and all!

On a serious note, it's all about the offensive line in KC. You put Portis behind that line and he's every bit as dangerous as Holmes with Portis being more explosive and Holmes being the better receiver.

Anyhow, we have a gem in Portis we just have to get him some space and keep Dockery from laying down in the running lane and tripping him.

Sorry for this, since it bothers me I will admit that I just shouldnt read it.

So dont mind me this is just my opinion. After this you can continue your conversation.

But it really bothers me that every time a player has a good game or something and we are struggling, the immediate reaction by some of us on here is to trade for that in paticular player. In reality, Larry Johnson would really not help us much at all. Maybe a little bit b/c he is better than Betts and would be a better 3rd down back.

But honestly it would be possibly a bigger waste than Mark Brunell.

Trading is not the answer most of the time, every once in a while, it is. The Portis/Bailey trade was a move that needed to be made b/c we needed to dump Bailey and we needed a good back.

Sorry again, but these things really bother me, everyone is always looking to trade someone for an upgrade at a position that we dont need an upgrade at. And usually people pick Lavar, which is just ridiculous.

And just to add, Larry Johnson is running behind the Chiefs O Line, they are possibly one of the better O Lines ever. Every back that steps back there gets good #'s. If Portis were to step back there he would have over 2300 yards. B/c he is more talented than Holmes, Blaylock, Johnson, all he needs is the O Line to get him past the first level and then 1 out of every 4 times that happens he will break it all the way.

Johnson is a talented kid but he couldnt hold Portis's jock, and all we would have putting both of them back there would be an expensive fight for who gets the ball.

Archived