Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cliff Russell

Golgo-13

I haven't heard sub-4.2. I have seen 4.30. Speed can't hurt. As they say about Spurrier's receivers, when they come into the NFL they are always polished, but, they are polished because of great coaching and they have little upside as they are basically playing like pros on the college level, but they lack the athletic skills to dominate in the pros.

Take Russell and teach him with his athletic skills, and you never know :).

I don't think he ran under 4.20. He most likely ran about a 4.27, and that'll probably translate to about 4.30 to 4.35 on the field.

The problem with Russell is that he has no hands. I think he has the athleticism, and he could make a spectacular return man, ala Jermaine Lewis. He needs to get more disciplined and run more precise routes before he can even think about playing.

He is no Az Hakim. Hakim is spectacular in the open field after the catch and is quick. Russell is a straight line speed runner. No hands and really is like James Jett. What's bad about Russell is that he doesn't play to his timed 40 speed and he appears to be brittle (lots of injuries in college already)

Archived