Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mooch turns down ND.

pr11fan

Such a sad story :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3217536

DETROIT (AP) - Lions coach Steve Mariucci said Saturday he was contacted by Notre Dame about its coaching vacancy but decided to stay with Detroit.

"I am absolutely 100 percent committed to the Detroit Lions and my desire to build the Lions into a winner," Mariucci said in a statement.

Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White, who was in Ann Arbor for Saturday's Notre Dame-Michigan men's basketball game, declined comment.

Mariucci is a former head coach at California.

Originally posted by Skip to my lou

Can't wait to hear the ND brass saying the got their #1 man,(when they finally do hire a coach)

A shadow of what they used to be. Good riddance to them, I wish NBC would just wake up and say nah I don't think I want to show your home games any more.

Join a conference then we'll talk

All their games except for Navy and SEC.

Originally posted by JoeSkins

Here's to hoping for Jon Gruden or Butch Davis.

I believe Davis said he wants to take a year off, ala Spurrier and see what opens up next year. I wouldn't doubt if he's pretty burned out trying to turn that ship around in cleveland. Have no idea about Gruden though.

Originally posted by pr11fan

I believe Davis said he wants to take a year off, ala Spurrier and see what opens up next year. I wouldn't doubt if he's pretty burned out trying to turn that ship around in cleveland. Have no idea about Gruden though.

It's hoping. I'm not quite down to reality yet when it comes to ND. You're right, no Butch Davis. Probably no Gruden either.

It's hoping. I'm not quite down to reality yet when it comes to ND. You're right, no Butch Davis. Probably no Gruden either.

Probably not, I know this may sound bad, but ND really needs to lower expectations, it seems like they want to go after Gruden, Mooch, Meyer, I even read on foxsports.com someone say they should go after Belichek, ND is no longer THE JOB in all of football and I think the alums may start to figure this out after this, especially if they have another guy come in and have the same record as TW had after 3 years while Willingham is competing for for a BCS bowl somewhere.

I doubt Willingham will be on a team competing for a BCS bowl. He's either got Washington or the NFL in his sights, neither of which are going to a college bowl any time soon.

That said, I still don't like the firing. Not at all. They're not going to find anyone better than Willingham. They just needed to give him time. After the big season, he had to play ball with a true freshman and then sophomore at QB. There were other problems, but this team didn't have enough talent around Quinn to allow him to win at such a young age.

I doubt Willingham will be on a team competing for a BCS bowl. He's either got Washington or the NFL in his sights, neither of which are going to a college bowl any time soon.

That said, I still don't like the firing. Not at all. They're not going to find anyone better than Willingham. They just needed to give him time. After the big season, he had to play ball with a true freshman and then sophomore at QB. There were other problems, but this team didn't have enough talent around Quinn to allow him to win at such a young age.

Who knows if he will or won't be in a bcs bowl, my point really was he is a good enough coach to take a team to a bcs bowl. I just have a feeling he is going to have success somewhere and ND is going to wind up feeling like Frerotte after he went up against the wall.

Originally posted by Skip to my lou

Can't wait to hear the ND brass saying the got their #1 man,(when they finally do hire a coach)

A shadow of what they used to be. Good riddance to them, I wish NBC would just wake up and say nah I don't think I want to show your home games any more.

Join a conference then we'll talk

Enjoy this while you can, because it wont last forever, and when it's over you'll learn to hate the IRISH AND ITS FOLLOWERS EVEN MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO, AND I'LL BE HERE TO REMIND YA!

GO IRISH!!!

Davis had a very bad panic attack so he isn't going to rush back into coaching, and he is still owed 12 million from the browns :)

Originally posted by jbooma

Davis had a very bad panic attack so he isn't going to rush back into coaching, and he is still owed 12 million from the browns :)

I know they agreed to a buyout, but since he resigned I don't think he's going to get ALL of his money. That would just be dumb on the Browns' part.

Originally posted by New

Enjoy this while you can, because it wont last forever, and when it's over you'll learn to hate the IRISH AND ITS FOLLOWERS EVEN MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO, AND I'LL BE HERE TO REMIND YA!

GO IRISH!!!

Yeah, you're probably right, ND has to win a bowl game eventually, I mean it's only been what, 10 years. Eventually ND will go 8-3 and win a non-bcs bowl, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Archived