Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If We Get Al Saunders....

method man

If we get al saunders (depending on what happens to vermeil) then I do not think that we will have to make that many changes to our offense. One big adjustment that could be made is cutting Rod Gardner, promoting Jacobs/McCants, and signing Antonio Gates. That would be our only major change.

Our OLine is nowhere near as good as the chiefs oline. so i think we will sign a FA Center, draft a center, and draft a guard. I think Saunders could take the offense to the top.

Gardner is definitely gone after this season either way, I dont think there is any doubt. I dont really think we'll get Gates, doesnt seem like the Chargers have the cap problem to not be able to re-sign him, though could be wrong. Besides, I still think TE is a luxury until we figure out our passing woes, and we need to use FA money on a receiver and guard/center, and draft the other as well as DE.

Originally posted by ojuice00

Sorry guys but We dont need a TE in my book.....Cooley is very capable....I havent seen him drop many passes this year...Why pay millions to a tight end when we have a very good one in cooley.

Gibb's uses atleast 2 tightends in a set. Cooley is beging used as an H-Back. Royal as the #1 TE. We do need someone to replace Royal, but we can find someone who isn't too expensive. There aren't that many TE in the draft worthy of a pick on the 1st day. 2004 had 5 TE taken on the first day.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Gibb's uses atleast 2 tightends in a set. Cooley is beging used as an H-Back. Royal as the #1 TE. We do need someone to replace Royal, but we can find someone who isn't too expensive. There aren't that many TE in the draft worthy of a pick on the 1st day. 2004 had 5 TE taken on the first day.

I am obviously speaking as if we get a new offensive system and not the one that Gibbs uses this year.

Archived