Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy QB Quiz

Dan T.

Q: Name the QB owning these stats for a 3-game stretch.

(Hint: not Dante or Peyton):

Game 1

17-23 185 yards 1 TD

Game 2

25-39 356 yards 2TDs

Game 3

23-45 348 yards 2 TDs

A: PATRICK RAMSEY, in the first 3 games of last season against the Jets, Falcons, and Giants.

This little quiz is presented as a public service to all of you with short term memory issues, including Tony Kornheiser, who said on Monday that Ramsery "hasn't done squat since he's been in the league." I'm amazed that so many are ready to give up on him and go after the next free agent flavor-of-the-day QB. Doesn't anyone remember the promise he showed last season before he injured his foot?

I hope that Joe Gibbs can recognize that promise and work with him. Given that he stayed with Brunell so long, apparently Gibbs isn't yet convinced of Ramsey's potential. But Gibbs has been wrong on QBs before, and has admitted so (Stan Humphries).

So let's let the Patrick Ramsey experiment play itself out past this rough stretch of schedule, and see if he can show the same promise he gave us a glimpse of last season.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Gibb's new Stan Humphries potential and didn't want him to leave, but Stan was asking for too much money and in the end had to let him go to San Diego.

Gibbs has said many times that he misjudged Humphries' as an effective quarterback, in part because, in his view, Humprhries wasn't a good practice player.

Gibbs did win a superbowl with 3 different qb's, so from that standpoint, I think it's unfair to make it appear as though the Stan Humphries decision doomed the franchise. Especially considering Humphries, despite being a solid qb in the league, never won a Superbowl himself.

Originally posted by Drex

Gibbs did win a superbowl with 3 different qb's, so from that standpoint, I think it's unfair to make it appear as though the Stan Humphries decision doomed the franchise. Especially considering Humphries, despite being a solid qb in the league, never won a Superbowl himself.

Drex, I used the Stan Humphries anecdote only to show that even Gibbs has admitted that he's misjudged the potential of a quarterback before. (And BTW Humphries did quarterback the Chargers to a Super Bowl, though they lost.)

All indications are that Gibbs felt, at least initially, that Ramsey was not the man for the job at QB. The stats above show that Ramsey has the potential to do the job, and I hope he can convince Gibbs of that over the remaining games of this season.

It will help if Gibbs shows some trust in PR and loosens the leash a little bit.

Originally posted by Dan T.

Drex, I used the Stan Humphries anecdote only to show that even Gibbs has admitted that he's misjudged the potential of a quarterback before. (And BTW Humphries did quarterback the Chargers to a Super Bowl, though they lost.)

All indications are that Gibbs felt, at least initially, that Ramsey was not the man for the job at QB. The stats above show that Ramsey has the potential to do the job, and I hope he can convince Gibbs of that over the remaining games of this season.

It will help if Gibbs shows some trust in PR and loosens the leash a little bit.

I agree that Ramsey has the potential to do the job. The only fear I have is that as a result of the subpar offensive line play, Gibbs is not going to loosen the leash this season.

Ramsey, behind an upgraded offensive line and some wr's who can actually catch the ball, can be a very highly effective qb in this league. The question is whether or not he is going to get that opportunity, here in D.C.

Originally posted by Mittens

Not to ruin the thread, but those numbers did come against horrible defenses...

Not entirely. NFL Defensive Passing rankings , 2003:

Jets -5th

Falcons - 29th

Giants - 17th

. . . One near the top, one near the bottom, and one in the middle. Over all, about average.

Archived