Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who needs to go this offseason.

pr11fan

Originally posted by BadKarma

Point taken but sometimes you can't blame it all on the QB. Coles has had the most looks out of any WR in the NFL. This means he has been thrown to more than any other reciever and has produced one TD. He dropped one yesterday from Gardner. If Randy Moss was a Redskin, I guarantee you he would have more than one TD.

Moss is a freak. Coles started to show his skills yesterday once the qb change happened, the guy had 6 catches for 74 yards and had a chance for Td, Ramsey just missed him by a tad. granted moss probably would've made that catch but he's also quite a bit taller than coles.

Originally posted by pr11fan

Sadly, I think gardners biggest problem is his effort, I think he has as much physical talent as any of those other wr's mentioned that came out of that draft, but they seem to want to succeed while Gardner seems content to work only when he feels like it and make his mandatory appearance once every few games. Work ethic is alot harder to measure and I think we were way off in measuring Gardners pre-draft.

Could you elaborate a bit on Gardner's work ethic? Coming out of the draft he was a work-out freak and I've never read anything negative about his work ethic. (though I don't read every article during the off season) I just wonder if there is an incident that I missed where other players or some coaches said he was being lazy.

:cheers:

I'm not doubting his work ethic in the gym, but it seems the guy is more interested in what party he'll be going to that night rather than the game at hand and if you watch him live without the camera angles cutting him out, he looks to be loafing on some pass plays which is completely unaccpetable, I just saw alot more all out effort coming from guys like Coles, McCants, and Cooley to name a few than I saw from Gardner.

Originally posted by fdarugar

All of those guys (except for Moss) where rated behind Gardner during the draft. Basically Gardner was expected to be better than those players. Garder was regarded as one of the top 3 wideouts in the draft that year. Had we picked one of those guys mentioned above, it would be like someone in the Redskins FO having a crystal ball that would have told us that Chad Johnson was going to be an all pro wideout and Garder a marginal #2. Saying that we could have picked this guy or that guy is completely irreverent.

I disagree. I think Johnson, Chambers and Wayne were probably all rated similar to Gardner. In fact, they were all probably rated higher than Freddie Mitchell, who was chosen before them.

I'll bet you can find rankings that show Gardner below at least one of those guys, and certainly below Santana Moss.

Actually I believe McCants is the Skins number 1 receiver. Certainly right now he is. He is healthy, he never seems to drop a pass, and he makes yardage AFTER the catch.

Coles is hurt and drps passes because of his broken finger. I don't mean to offend you members of the Coles fan club but he is not healthy enough to be counted on right now. And when the clutch situation came yesterday...look who made the clutch time plays....McCants.

I would let Coles end the season now and get on with his surgery so he can participate in mini camps. They SHOULD have done this last off season...but some team doctor as well as Coles blew it.

Originally posted by harriet

Actually I believe McCants is the Skins number 1 receiver. Certainly right now he is. He is healthy, he never seems to drop a pass, and he makes yardage AFTER the catch.

That's a bold call just after really 1/2 of a game. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see him in there, but he hasn't earned the title of #1 WR by a mile yet.

Originally posted by cfujskins

am I the only one here who still thinks Coles is a very effective #1?

I think his toe injury has taken a lot out of him. He isn't the same since. Maybe he can get it well though surgery or what ever after the season but right now, he just isn't the same.

Archived