Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats your favorite food?

cfujskins

Souse is the only thing took back to college that no one would eat. I wonder why....

has to be one of the top ten most horrible foods invented..... my stepfather would force me to eat it; he couldn't figure out why I kept :puke: the crap back up in the kitchen sink.

And I say that growing up with my stepfather and his cronies all butchering a hog or three every year. I loved butchering time.....

Here's a great breakfast for you;

HOMEMADE scrapple... (as I've told a certain new yorker, ( :silly: ) home made tastes nothing like that inedible pile of dung they sell as commercial scrapple.)

A couple of eggs, a strip or two of homemade sidemeat bacon, some home made scrapple, a few slices of toast with homemade jelly or better yet homemade apple butter, and some homemade sausage gravy over pancakes. nothing better.

(It may not be the most healthy though :laugh: )

Ya need a worst food to go with the best food commentary. souse and kim chee wins there.

As far as best foods;

homemade potatoes and dumplings. (if you prefer call it chicken & dumplings.) Unfortunately that'll never happen again as neither my sister (nor I) ever got the knack of making them from my mother before she died. The only dumpling option left now is the dumplings on the Cracker Barrel menu. Which are merely okay in comparison.

the old family recipe for homemade macoroni and cheese. From grandmother to mother to son and daughter. We DID learn that one. I swear my one uncle in Luray could smell that macoroni being made ..... and we lived in Winchester. Likely it was the only reason he visited when he could. Whenever there was a family get together (funeral or whatever) no one else was allowed to make the baked mac and cheese. If they did, no one ate it.

Personally I can live on subs. Don't need anything else.

Archived