Extremeskins

Springs or Bailey?

red zone

Dual wielding anyone?!?!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Dual wielding anyone?!?!

• Dual wield, no way, need my grenades baby
    • Dual wield is the shizzo

With all the discussion surrounding who got the better of the Portis/Bailey swap, I would really like to segue to another question. Given the choice today, who would you take? Springs or Bailey. No money talk. No extranious B.S. Just pick one and justify the pick.

Originally posted by WallyG3

I'd take Bailey over Springs.

However, I'll take Portis/Springs over Bailey/draft pick any day!

Let me watch the game this Sunday and see if Chad Johnson burns Springs, then I'll let you know. ;)

But really I would agree with this analogy.

I don't want any CB who played like Bailey did on national TV! Springs by a landslide.....Get off the hype. You guys have seen Springs play 8 games and Bailey play 4 seasons. If Bailey played like Springs did, we would have resigned him.

Springs is way better than Bailey. Springs will not give up plays like Bailey did against Chad Johnson.

Sorry fellas I am gonna vote for Springs on this one. You may say that Bailey is the better corner but Springs is our man and relatively speaking he seems to be on pace for more pics. To me a corner's duty is not only to shutdown the WR, but to also have the ability to intercept the ball. Bailey stopped intercepting the ball at one point.

Plus, I was getting tired of seeing Bailey get burned by Amani freaking Toomer year in and year out at the anual GMEN SKINS game at GIANTS stadium.

Springs.

And I'm rather surprised by all the people who picked Champ.

I would say it's pretty amazing that Springs has not only come in here and made us forget Champ, but he's actually played better than Champ ever did the last couple of years.

And played for less money.

And more character.

And actually is proud to be a Redskin.

Champ who?

Without the money invovled it makes it interesting.

I would have liked to have seen what Bailey could do in this defense.

Springs seems more disruptive with 3 sacks and 3 INTs... Think Bailey would have matched that production?

For a Shutdown corner, Bailey allows too many big plays and doesn't create enough turnovers.

I'd go with Springs.

Smoot and Springs are the best pair of corners we have had since '99 when Champ and Darrell Green were the full-time starters.

Bailey as an athlete is a rare player and he is durable. The simple fact remains that he and the team were at a crossroads where it was best for both to move on.

Ditto for Portis and the Broncos. Shanahan had indirectly cut on Portis by inferring his numbers didn't warrant a new contract with two years remaining, while we have seen just that with other top backs on other teams.

Clearly, Shanahan was saying that Portis, while productive, was not that special to him.

The fact the Redskins were able to land Springs and he has lived up to his contract I think puts the team in good position to say we have improved ourselves as a result of the trade and subsequent free agent signing of Shawn.

Certainly, having Champ but no running back of note would not have been a good outcome for the Redskins given what little we have seen from Brunell to date.

Originally posted by afparent

I don't want any CB who played like Bailey did on national TV! Springs by a landslide.....Get off the hype. You guys have seen Springs play 8 games and Bailey play 4 seasons. If Bailey played like Springs did, we would have resigned him.

Springs is way better than Bailey. Springs will not give up plays like Bailey did against Chad Johnson.

If you want to base your assumptions off of one game I could go to numerous Seahawk games and point out many a time where Springs was beaten even worse than Champ was aganist Chad Johnson.

One game does not make or break a player.

Looking at both sides, Id say both made out. We got the running back we needed and still have Springs and Smoot. Denver has the DB they desperately needed and still continue to produce RBs. If it came down to having Bailey or Springs, Id rather have Bailey, but when you add in Portis and Smoot, Id rather have gotten rid of Champ.

Gotta be Springs! I can't say I miss Champ getting burnt by just about every #1 reciever in the league. You guys need to stop saying Champ is the best corner in the NFL until he does something to earn that title. Personally I think that if Springs is able to hold Johnson to under 150 yrds recieving and under 2 touchdowns then he (based on stats) is a better corner than Champ. I guess we'll all know by Sunday night.

Springs no doubt. His attitude that he brings is unmatched. I don't think Bailey has ever had a good attitude while in DC. Although he played well up til his final year. He never had that positive attitude. Don't give me he had different coaches every year. Last time I checked..his paycheck was the same and being able to cover a man one on one was the same. I'll take positive attitude guys over Meshawn type players anyday.

Archived