Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

three redskins EVER

cowboykilla

Alright, I'm bored, and there is a lack of Redskins news out there. I am also SICK AND TIRED of hearing the same old stuff....matthews, trading up/down, and I've heard so many rookie lineman names I think I might go crazy. I figured I'd lighten it up a little bit with a simple question for everyone to think about:

If you could have dinner/hang out with three Redskins players ever (dead or alive, I dont know much about the OLD OLD ones though), who would they be?

Mine would definitely be:

#1 - Michael Westbrook, because that's my favorite Redskin's player ever, and he's my boy till death or until he signs elsewhere:mad:

#2 - Damn, this is harder than I thought. I guess #2 would be Riggo. The guy cracks me up any time I watch Redskins Report or hear him on the radio. I think him and Mike would make for some nice conversation.

#3 - Fred Smoot. I would have said Art Monk, but Smoot is more my style. He's from the dirty south, which is my favorite type of music. He's a funny guy. I'm sure he'd be fun to hang out with. Maybe he'd even blaze up with me. :high: :laugh:

well....I'm sooo terribly sorry mr. thousands of posts. If you notice, I don't have that many posts, therefore, I haven't read every single post in this board. I wasn't trying to come down on anyone, I love the information provided here. Thats why I am here. I was just trying to have a little fun. Excuse me.

Chill, man. I was not in any way criticizing you, just pointing out the irony of it all. I wouldnt expect you or anyone to know what was posted 2 months ago, escpecially if you're new. Sometimes I go away for a few days or a week, and I have to be careful what I post because everyone here is so on top of the news, that there's a good chance it was already reported. So I know you feel. I dont have a problem with your post. Have fun with it. In fact, we've had the Favorite BOC (Beer of Choice) posted several times.

"Michael Westbrook, because that's my favorite Redskin's player ever, ..." - CowboyKilla

Well, Killa is unique among Redskin fans if for no other reason than his love and adoration of Westbrook. Favorite EVER? EVER!! Blasphemy!

I would have to say.........

1) John Riggins. He is my favorite Redskin of all time. We would go out and eat crabs, drink beer and then chase women(unless my wife finds out and kills me first:D ).

2) Dave Butz. We would go hunting and fishing and hang out.

3) Sonny Jurgensen. I guess we would have Dinner and then hang out and smoke some cigars at the Humidor at Fed-Ex Field.

Michael Westbrook?

All I would like to give him is a swift kick in the pants :laugh:

Dinner with Mike would be a discussion of his new Lancia, his plans to extend his olympic-sized backyard pool, and his 'need' for greater understanding from fans and the media about how hard life is as Mr. Michael Westbrook. :)

My favorite three?

1. Riggo. Many stories, many beers.

2. Sam Huff. Always tells it like it is. Will tell you which players are worth a damn and which aren't.

3. Joe Jacoby. Never get tired of hearing stories about Joe and Russ running over Randy White and making Harvey Martin come out of the fourth quarter of games because they had beaten on him and he was busted. :)

Cowboykilla and myself may sound simialir. We are friends. We are members of the Dead Tree Crew. It is about 60 strong on game day. We don't let any opposing fans park in our area. We have full cooperation from the Redskins. We have been on TV. I have my own reserved parking spot, but I get there at 8 so I didnt really need to have it marked. So who ever wrote this

Is it just me, or are the posts of "smoot21" and "cowboykilla" AWFULLY similar? Onanistically so.

I hope your not insinuating that we are one of the same. We are simalir but differant posters. We both will be at the draft bash, if you would like our autographs.

Me and smoot21 are similar because we have the same tolerance for other team's fans.....NONE. We also are all out type individauls, taking no bull from other teams. Mick, sorry about all that before, I got a quick temper. I wasn't really mad, I'm just a dick sometimes.

ABOUT WESTBROOK: Thats the thing. Everyone gives me so much SHlT about westbrook, and its fun to defend him. I dont know if you all have ever done this, but sometimes, when you see a player play in college, and your team drafts him, you just take a certain liking to him. Its not like I forced myself on Westbrook, he was just always my guy. I got his rookie year jersey, my first redskins jersey when I was in seventh grade(besides my thiesman jersey that I wore when my parents dressed me up when I was 2). He is just my guy. I love the guy, and when I met him, he was the coolest guy ever. He gets a bad rap from everyone, and I dont think he deserves it. The guy can also flat out play, WHEN he is given the opportunity.

Anyways, I dont want to be mad at anyone, sorry for being quick to jump on ya mick.

that's just the problem, though, Killa Westbrook has just one top year and it was during a season where the team had a lot of good performances from Brad Johnson to Stephen Davis to Albert Connell as well.

And of that group Davis is the only one who has consistently produced.

Certainly, one year under Marty you can blame the staff's dislike of the guy as a reason for his limited production, but, for a guy with FIVE other mediocre years, one has to look at Michael himself, be it injuries or immaturity that have derailed him.

In a way he is just like Alexander, another player that is lauded by scouts as having all the tools, but never quite seems to put up the numbers or show the durability to be a top player in the NFL.

You can only live on tomorrows forever.

At some point you have to produce NOW.

Thats a good point marti gras, but i meant just as like, who would be the best to personality to have at dinner. I don't know why Darrell keeps coming up. I think he'd be boring. The guy hasn't seem too CRAZY or interesting off the field when i've seen him. But thanks for the input MGS, i definitely see where you're coming from.

Mine would be

Darrell Green, Art Monk and Sammy Baugh.

I remember I was visiting a friend in Hawaii and the land lord of his apartment complex played in the NFL in the 1940s. He has a lot of stories and I am sure Sammy would have just as many! :cool:

Archived