Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

just returned from the world series

Stone Cold

wow! first of all, i'm a mets fan so i was pretty impartial. one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen...walking into the st louis stadium and seeing that awesome, beautifully groomed field, surrounded by a sea of red. anyways, it was a great game and i had an oppurtunity to witness a bit of history. the cards fans were truely a class act. there were way more sox fans there than i anticipated and, after the game, i saw many cards fans shaking their hands saying things like "great job guys...well deserved...etc".

it was an awesome experience...something i'll never forget. anyways, go mets! and, less i forget... :dallasuck

What game did you attend? My dad was at Game 3...

we drove from va beach to st louis. arrived in vandalia (now there's a weird town...ever seen deliverance?!...yikes!), spent the night, and drove the 1.5 hours to st louis just in time for game four. we got to our seats just as johnny damon was stepping to the plate...imagine that.

my cousin was drafted this season by the cards and plays for their a ball team in nj. he acquired 6 tickets on mon. we packed in my expedition and made the trip. well worth it...

Originally posted by Stone Cold

wow! first of all, i'm a mets fan so i was pretty impartial. one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen...walking into the st louis stadium and seeing that awesome, beautifully groomed field, surrounded by a sea of red. anyways, it was a great game and i had an oppurtunity to witness a bit of history. the cards fans were truely a class act. there were way more sox fans there than i anticipated and, after the game, i saw many cards fans shaking their hands saying things like "great job guys...well deserved...etc".

it was an awesome experience...something i'll never forget. anyways, go mets! and, less i forget... :dallasuck

Stone cold, I'm a Mets fans also (from Va Beach), but I have been to four games at Busch Stadium. What a great place. Great fans, great park, needs a better beer selection though.

Hard to believe the team is forcing the city to build a new park just for baseball. Especially since the football stadium (RCA) isn't that old.

Sometimes I happy our area doesn't prostitute itself to professional sports management. I have the pro teams I like (Mets, Skins) and will travel to see them. Life in the suburbs of sports can be OK.

:cheers: :yes: :pint: :wave: :jump: :whew:

Archived