Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Schedule not that easy..as it looks

emister1

Hello everyone!smile.gif I finally decided to enter the the board where you can find some of the world's greatest fans. Hail.......I live here in Houston and hope to relocate back home to the D.C/MD area real soon. I just can't take all the pain of dealing with these Cowboy fans and soon to be Texan fans.

Anyhow, I was glancing once again over this years schedule and seem to be a little concerned about how people are saying that we have a soft schedule ahead of us. If you ask me, we are going to be in a dog fight all season long with some of these sound and up and coming football teams on our schedule.

The Giants will be playing there hearts out for the respect they still haven't received from last year. (1-1)split

The eagles will be playing for the fact that they let the NFC east slip away from them last year, and basically they're a better team this year. (1-1)split

I think we can take the Cards both games this year cause,...hey, they're the cards you know. (1-1)split..based on Jake Plummer may pick it up this year and they seem to be focusing on building around him.

Now I will take both of the Cowgirl games this year cause...well, they're bums...hehe (2-0)

But I do see losses against maybe (GB,SEA,DEN,NO) and maybe even CHI. Wait! Don't curse me yet. But I see these teams being very sound this year due to the fact that they started to come along late in the season last year. If not already in the playoffs(NO,DEN).

If you look at it, the teams we are playing are younger teams with 2 or more years intact together that seemed to be picking things up late in the season last year except for the Cards. So overall, I see us at another 8-8 season if that lucky. Get lost Buc32..92...whatever you call yourself. Don't go feeding on this post because you think BJ will save you guys this year. The bucs will fall apart once Meshawn don't get the ball and the line can't block..hehe

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Any Thoughts?

The most underated team in the NFC East (aside from the Skins) may be Dallas. The most overated team may be New York. I said MAY since Dallas lost a lot of close ones last year and New York won a lot of close ones (but looking at this as a predictor was validated only against Washington during the Norv years, so it probably doesn't apply). I wouldn't be suprised at allowing a split with NY but would also not be suprised if we seep them. I would say that we're more likely to sweep the Cards than Dallas, but I would not be suprised to see us sweep both. I was mad with our performance against the Eagles, we should have beaten them handily in both games (23-7 in game 1 and 40-16 in game 2) but we have lots of games with Philly when that should happen.

Greetings Emister1,

I too am making the sojourn back to the area this year, but it has been a slow process due to some events personal and professional. Nevertheless, it will be done. smile.gif

The good thing is we have the staff that knows this and won't let this team lull to sleep when it gets gritty.

[edited.gif by indyskinsfan on June 08, 2001.]

I agree that our schedule is not as easy as first thought, but I also know that we have a much easier schedule than last year. The Seattle game will be tougher, now that Holmgren has upgraded the offense and defense. Luckily we are playing San Diego in the first game because that would be a scary game at the end of the season. San Deigo played alot of people real close last year. We all know that the Dallas games will be close and entertaining no matter how bad they are. It just always works out that way. Remember when they went 1-15, and we all know who that one victory was against. So I dont see us sweeping Dallas, but do see a sweep of the Cards. The Denver and Green Bay games are both rough. We will hopefully go 5-3 in division and if we split 4-4 in our out of division games then we should get into the playoffs. If the injury gods do not hit us half as hard as last year then we should at least have the personel to play with any team out there.

eSister,

Don't diss my team if you think yours won't beat the Bears this year. If you lose to them you'll probably lose to Dallas at least once and also to the Chargers......when that happens Pepper will be coaching the team though and everything will be fine. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Hey, didn't you used to be the Boston Redskins (shaddup!)

Hey Bucco32...You never can tell what team may end up being a sleeper before the season starts. Look at the Saints from last year, and I'm not dissing your yuks your dissing them yourself. I see the Bucs as contenders for the playoffs and that's it buddy. But I'm glad to see that your hopes are up one notch this year from you guys trying to purchase a superbowl. Alot of people thought the same about us last year.

Oh! don't let me forget to remind you that the Bucs lost to the Bears last year by the score of 13-10. So I guess my prediction of us losing to them this year isn't that lame after all. Especially since they beat you guys last year..hehe

E-Sis,

"he he"???? THAT really got to me. You must be taking wit lessons from Artie. Thank goodness you didn't hit me with the dreaded "HA HA HA".....that would've been devastating.

While you're playing with your tinker toys, try to understand that your team signing 900 year old vets to huge contracts and my team adding 2 free agents in their prime at reasonable contracts are very different things.

Of course we are playoff contenders, as are the Skins, but looking down the rosters, I'll take the Bucs' chances, there, cupcake.

------------------

Hey, didn't you used to be the Boston Redskins (shaddup!)

Archived