Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs is building this team PROPERLY.

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Skinsfan1966

Brunell got brought in because of the win now attitude, how do you build for the future with a guy who has already had his good days...

Its not a need to win now, we wont win now or in the future with Brunell....dont you guys get that?

Brunell isnt helping build a team, he is holding a team back

Coach Gibbs should coach his young QB and get him in the game

I disagree. I think Gibbs brought in Brunell so that he could sit Ramsey down and have him learn HIS offense for a year, and get the Spurrier one out of his system. Anyone who saw Ramsey in the midgets game knows, that they still saw the Ramsey from the Spurrier days. We got Brunell because we felt that he would be the best tutor for Ramsey.

I get the fact that we probably won't win as many games with Brunell NOW. I get that point, as I'm sure many of us here already do too. But its the fact that we all need to be patient here. The winning will come. If it comes at the expense of Ramsey gaining an extra year of tutelege on the bench, then I'm all the more for it.

Originally posted by wildbill

Anyone else tired of talking about Brunell?

Why not talk about all of them?

Banks

George

Mathews

Weurfeul(?)

Green..........

Get the point. Brunell is better than anything we've had lately even if he doesn't throw for over a 100 yards.

Give it time people. Obviosly Gibbs is.

Damn....I kinda miss some of those guys right now! Wonder if they would've considered coming back for less than 43 million?

How many of us want instant gratification, I for one. The Joe Gibbs is back hype is over. Yes, we all love and admire Joe Gibbs for what he did for the organization years ago. But let's face it. Ever since Gibbs left, this organization made some costly mistakes in the FA market. Snyder was like a kid in the candy store and his eyes were bigger than his tummy.

Also, many of those FA siginings didn't pan out and were now starting to feel the affect of not drafting properly for years and the FA sigings faltering badly. And some of the players we did draft is either gone or having to re-adjust alot of things they were taught and get a new attitude. Guys like Stephen Davis, Champ bailey, Stephen Alexander, Westbrook and some other are gone. But what we have now are the newere crop of draftees that must start to mesh under new management. It's like a new era for some of these draftees. The moral and the state of the team was in shambles and the media made a mockery of the moves that were made. Players lost confidence that the organization would ever get it right (see Champ) and ask Lavar. And those were like our top 2 draftees that were All-pros. Champ choose to go else where and not wait any longer. But the organization choose to re-sign Lavar and he's re-learning and getting a new attitude toward what's going on there, it was a mental strain for players,coaches and execs.

Now, what were basically getting is the ship starting to be guided in the right direction. It took like 10 to 12 years to make this franchise one of the lowest when it came to production, winning and bringing in the right players and coaches. It's not gonna just dissapear over night. Let the coache tinker with players,schemes and was needed to finally right this ship. You don't think Bugel,Gibbs and alot of the Redskin Alumni wasn't suffering just like we were after Joe left? i think that's a few reasons why Joe and some others came back. This franchise was going backwards. It was like to steps forwards and then 1 step backwwards.

Now! the waiting game begins. But what were gonna witness is younger players that were no bodies finally playing in a system that's been in place for a few years and mastering it like no other (see Patriots).

So what's the use of playing Ramsey after the beating he took last year and play him this year under a suspect OL and mistake riddled TE's/RB's that can't block properly. That would help ramsey's cause in the head game department. right now! his confidence is a little shot and we saw that during pre-season. What Ramsey needed was a good teacher, good scheme, good RB, adequate OL and time to regain some confidence. And there's no place better for him to do that then like being on the sideline. He may not be playing or even learning from Brunell in the throwing dept. But what he is getting and digesting is how to be a more smarter QB and watch how the offense operates. He's in training. And playing and still getting battered want help his confidence at all. Let all the piece's around ramsey be put in place first. And then, insert Ramsey after his internship has completed and he's much more smarter and wiser on how the offense is ran.

Originally posted by REDALERT

So what's the use of playing Ramsey after the beating he took last year and play him this year under a suspect OL and mistake riddled TE's/RB's that can't block properly. That would help ramsey's cause in the head game department. right now! his confidence is a little shot and we saw that during pre-season. What Ramsey needed was a good teacher, good scheme, good RB, adequate OL and time to regain some confidence. And there's no place better for him to do that then like being on the sideline. He may not be playing or even learning from Brunell in the throwing dept. But what he is getting and digesting is how to be a more smarter QB and watch how the offense operates. He's in training. And playing and still getting battered want help his confidence at all. Let all the piece's around ramsey be put in place first. And then, insert Ramsey after his internship has completed and he's much more smarter and wiser on how the offense is ran.

Let me see if I have the "what the use of playing Ramsey arguement" Dont play him because the line is suspect, by that measure we shouldnt play coles or gardener because the qb is suspect, and we should play portis because the line and the passing game are suspect. Since the offense is suspect we shouldnt play the defense.

Were do you think Ramsey will get more coaching? taking 80% of the snaps in practice as the starter or taking 20% as the back up?

The situation with Brunell and Ramsey is not one where one QB knows the offense and the other is coming in and should learn the offense from the sidelines. Neither know the offense, Coach Gibbs isnt playing his whole playbook.

So this is a learning experience for both QB's the question is, do you want to got through the learning curve with a old qb who wont be around long only to have to go through it again when coach gibbs thinks Ramsey has held the clipboard long enough?

Let me see if I have the "what the use of playing Ramsey arguement" Dont play him because the line is suspect, by that measure we shouldnt play coles or gardener because the qb is suspect, and we should play portis because the line and the passing game are suspect. Since the offense is suspect we shouldnt play the defense.

Were do you think Ramsey will get more coaching? taking 80% of the snaps in practice as the starter or taking 20% as the back up?

The situation with Brunell and Ramsey is not one where one QB knows the offense and the other is coming in and should learn the offense from the sidelines. Neither know the offense, Coach Gibbs isnt playing his whole playbook.

So this is a learning experience for both QB's the question is, do you want to got through the learning curve with a old qb who wont be around long only to have to go through it again when coach gibbs thinks Ramsey has held the clipboard long enough?

From everything I have read, Ramsey is only getting 10% of the snaps and Brunell 90%. :mad:

Archived