Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Cap rules? horay!

Doesn't this mean it will just make it easier for OTHER teams to sign our vets instead of us? Rarely do Vets play for the minimum for their old teams.....

------------------

Hey, didn't you used to be the Boston Redskins (shaddup!)

Yeah, I noticed that ANY team can use those terms for a vet, not just the team he became a vet with. That may encourage people to swap more.

Denver can hire Deion for $750K, and only $450K counts against the cap, or comes from their pocket. If we keep him, then it's $3.5M, all of it real money. But he's likely a bad example: He won't play for that little.

But I do like the idea of a veteran not counting all of his pay against the cap.

Maybe Darrell can play nickle a few more years.

The most important thing is that the players and owners are happy for another 6 years. That will make 20 years without a strike. No wonder the NFL is the top dog.

------------------

Hail to the Redskins!

True this isn't like te Larry Bird rule of the NBA. It should apply to the team with that Vet free agent but it's better than nothing

------------------

Yes I'm paid to think and I need a raise

[edited.gif by NavyDave on June 06, 2001.]

Its great to follow a sport and not hear the word "strike" mentioned. 20 years without a strike says it all. The NFL is the most followed sport amoung the big four, baseball, football, basketball, and hockey. I can't wait for camp to open a month from now. I think we are in store for some good things this season. Everyone is writting us off, but you can never count out a Schottenheimer coached team.

Archived