Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury bug bites the Giants already.....

Hang in there, the bumper crops a coming. Another year of the "running back" and "receiver" will unfortunately leave a lot of talent on the streets come the start of the season.

Probably won't see them until the last releases before the start of the season.

We also know, like the Safety scouting here with our competition, it will probably be the same as always with those in our division. I give you guys a thumbs up for somehow plugging the holes with the "role" players you need.

Oh yeah, Tom, did Jessie Armstead come to his senses on signing yet, or is he looking to drain the wallets of the Giants organization, like someone we have here?

[edited.gif by indyskinsfan on June 12, 2001.]

At least the bug is biting where you have some depth, Tom. Last year, we kept getting multiple injuries where we were thinnest. Still, a season-ending injury this early can generate some ominous feelings, as these things always seem to happen in clusters. Here's wishing Hamilton a speedy recovery and rehab.

Joe was one of my favorites at Ohio State. He has a warrior spirit, not unlike the recently departed Larry Centers. At OSU, Joe was the consumate "team" guy and locker room leader. He also got the tough 1 or 2 yards needed for a big first down. Sadly, he is not the most talented guy in the world and really was a reach in the 3rd round.

------------------

Fight for Old D.C.!

The Giants cannot afford injuries to certain players like Collins, Barber, Toomer, Stone, Hamilton, Strahan, Armstead, Sehorn, Shaun Williams, etc..........

I don't think the injury to Montgomery is going to hurt the team that much as he was not even the #2 back.

There are still some running backs out there that can come in and fill the #3 role and more will be released in the final round of cuts.

I am really shocked that Philly did not pick up Antowain Smith when he was released by Buffalo. Yes, he is a head case but I thought Reid would be quite concerned about his depth at RB given Staley's status.

evidently Hilliard has a toe injury that is going to require surgery and he has delayed getting the proceedure done for the past two months so that Fassel is now getting worried Ike won't be ready for camp at the end of July.

I had heard that if Ike gets the surgery then his rehab could cost him playing in the first game. I am not sure if the surgery is a forgone conclusion. I believe they are going to try something before it has to get to surgery, but surgery does look like the most probable scenario.

Archived