Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Brunell is done as a starter....

cscmtp

do you think he would be willing to restructure his contract? Even if he was willing, is that even allowed by the NFL? If he becomes the #2 or #3 QB (at this point I think he should be) it would be nice if he took a significant paycut to help the team's cap situation. Otherwise, we regret this for the next 5 years.

Bring on Ramsey!!! And if he doesn't show signs of improvement (i think he will) then let's prepare to draft a QB next year!

Brunell already has his $8.6 million signing bonus in a shoe box under the bed and I have yet to see any player ever return it. :laugh:

As for his base salary, he is only making the minimum this year, but that will go up to $1.5 million next year. Even that is not out of line for an experienced backup QB.

I think it will be too embarrassing to have to cut Brunel until at least after June 1st of 2006. :rolleyes:

As much as I like Brunell as a leader and overall person (seems to be a nice guy)....his arm strength has seriously gone down and his mobility has dropped as well (I think a couple of times he would have run back in his earlier Jag days). The O line got beat at times last night, so no one person is to blame. If we could only get Brunells' experience (and confidence) into Ramsey's body we'd have a pretty solid QB.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Crazier things have happened gentleman...

In an unrelated story there is a very good change the former Redskin Pine Rider SAGE ROZENFELS may be starting next Sunday!!!

Damn, if he throws for 5 TDs in that game and they win, I'm gonna

be :puke:

Archived