Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Talk

SkinsNumberOne

I don't know about any of you, but I thought Portis has a very bad week last week in terms of PR. First he publicly comments about the Browns calling our plays (even if he believed that, it's not something that should be voiced publicly)... then he complains about the media and institutes his own gag order (a move which always seems childish)... and then he can't resist giving out a verbal jab at the Ravens following Ray Lewis's comments (and this was after other Redskins like Chris Samuels, when questioned, simply said "I'm not going to give them any locker room material, and while it may motivate me, we need this win regardless and that should be all the motivation I need.").

I personally don't like it when players talk and then are unable to make good on it.

Also, I heard on JFK that Sellers made some comment about being unimpressed by Ray Lewis or something. Sellers should really shut up.

EDIT- I forgot one that kind of bothered me. The ESPN announcers said that Portis complained that he was being overcoached by Byner... that he's "thinking too much" because of being overcoached, and that he needs to just "feel it" but he can't because of being told too much stuff. Again with the public complaining...

CP can make it difficult when he starts running at the mouth. Loved him for his speed and talent but the guy is a complete flavor clown. What used to piss me off about him is that he has no concept of team. Hell the guy was interviewed for a Monday night game against the Raiders and during the interview they were discussing his wardrobe. Any guess what he was wearing? the dude had a Woodson Raiders jersey on. Pissed me off. Don't worry though once he gets a chip on his shoulder he'll perform. Oh but then you have to deal with the belt and Pastor Troy. Gotta say I'm lovin Champ.

Originally posted by TD30

CP can make it difficult when he starts running at the mouth. Loved him for his speed and talent but the guy is a complete flavor clown. What used to piss me off about him is that he has no concept of team. Hell the guy was interviewed for a Monday night game against the Raiders and during the interview they were discussing his wardrobe. Any guess what he was wearing? the dude had a Woodson Raiders jersey on. Pissed me off. Don't worry though once he gets a chip on his shoulder he'll perform. Oh but then you have to deal with the belt and Pastor Troy. Gotta say I'm lovin Champ.

Champ was good, and his physical style would have been a good fit in Greg Williams defense. That said, he couldn't deal with our massive changes year-in and year-out. It was clearly his time to move on. Springs has been a more-than-suitable replacement up to this point.

CP will come around you saw a glimpse of what he can do in week one. I still dont understand why the Skins don't use zone blocking CP is a cut back rb he hits the hole and is gone. He's not a power back I just think they need to utilize him the right way. Springs looks really good and your D doesn't seem to miss a beat. I know we miss CP at RB but Droughns looked pretty good and Champ is making everyone better. I really do hope CP works out because he is so much fun to watch.

Originally posted by TD30

CP will come around you saw a glimpse of what he can do in week one. I still dont understand why the Skins don't use zone blocking CP is a cut back rb he hits the hole and is gone. He's not a power back I just think they need to utilize him the right way. Springs looks really good and your D doesn't seem to miss a beat. I know we miss CP at RB but Droughns looked pretty good and Champ is making everyone better. I really do hope CP works out because he is so much fun to watch.

I agree that we need a FB in there for Portis. The H-back just isn't working. Since that run in Week 1, his longest has been like 20 yards (if that). Maybe Gibbs needs to sacrifice the H-back at times to suit the stregnths of the personnel.

SkinsNumberOne, you literally took the words right out of my mouth. I was about to post the same thread. Portis spoke with Suzy Kolber (ESPN commentator) and basically said that he is now being over coached. So this week it is the coaches fault. Last week it was that Cleveland's defense new what plays we were running. I think that Portis is not just a gifted running back but a all around great football player, who will run, catch, block (extremely well) and even tackle if he has to. But I think that he needs to keep quiet about why he thinks he has not been more sucessfull. Because so far, he has blamed everthing and everyone but himself. (Not that he is to blame).

Archived