Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

wow, gibbs is bad.

Ignatius J.

Our defense played exceptional ball.

I really believe in the "big picture" that we are going to be a good team.

Right now, we are not a team that executes.

Why we fall apart is beyond me. I imagine it is beyond Gibbs also.

I am feeling numb right now.

As I listen to Gibbs at his press conference, he looks just as numb.

Blondie

Originally posted by afparent

I love Coach gibbs and he has put the players in position to win, however, you can not expect them to play error free. We scored off of turnovers so it is ridicuolous to think we can play error free, you almost have to expect that if you are going to take chances. other teams have penalties too. I am also disapointed in him for sticking with Brunell or even signing him. And I am very disappointed in challenging calls. Almost everyone he has challenged has been obvious from one replay.

I have watched that replay over and over on Tivo, and it is clear Brunells arm is moving forward. Watch his elbow. It was close, but it was going forward. I can see why that was challaged.

I am starting to believe that all of our offensive woes aren't attributable to Brunell alone. I think Gibbs needs to open things up a bit more. We're playing not to lose right now and that's the surest way to mediocrity.

Just like with his first stint with us he's not making the best use of the talent on hand. Last time around he switched to gameplans built around power running. This time around he may have to go with passing more because this team just isn't set up well to run smashmouth football.

I must admit though that my gut tells me part of opening it up would be to play Ramsey instead of Brunell.:D

Archived