Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley

Rock 56

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

You guys are being absurd. There are plenty of weakarmed QBs that can run a very efficient, and more importantly, WINNING offenses. But hey, maybe we should go back to the good ole days of pitching and catching cause it looks so darn purty. :laugh:

The key word is "winning" and our offense has done everything in it's power to try to lose us games. They've given up a touchdown a game so far. So when our "weak armed" QB starts doing something that resembles "winning" I'll give him the benefit of that doubt. As of right now I feel more at ease when the other team has the ball in our redzone then when we have it in the same place, our opposition scores more when we have it.

Originally posted by Destino

The key word is "winning" and our offense has done everything in it's power to try to lose us games. They've given up a touchdown a game so far. So when our "weak armed" QB starts doing something that resembles "winning" I'll give him the benefit of that doubt. As of right now I feel more at ease when the other team has the ball in our redzone then when we have it in the same place, our opposition scores more when we have it.

Destino, Brunell hasn't exactly been a turnover machine. He did nothing to lose us that first game, unless you think it was HIS fault that Raymer tripped him during the handoff with Portis?

Brunell had two turnovers in game 2: one on a badly thrown screen, the other on a JAILBREAK passrush. Portis had two far more costly ones, and of course Ramsey had 3 doosies.

Teams with good defenses--- and we are now counted among them-- can win games by not coughing the ball up. Brunell will do his part, by being a caretaker type QB, but it's a team effort. We can't have the kind of mental errors from the ENTIRE offense that we had last week. False starts, delay of games, fumbles, missed blocks, dropped passes. Most of that stuff isn't on Ramsey or Brunell, but on the others as well.

So long as our defense continues to stop the run and play well against the pass, we can win games with Brunell. I would agree that he isn't a guy that we can have "come from behind" situations with large point deficits. But if we play mistake-free football for the most part, we won't have to. :)

The team under Brunell will resemble the Shottenheimer Redskins, with a more explosive running game, better receivers, and more heady QB play.

chief,

thing is that ramsey is the better ball control QB. He leads the team on longer drives and has turnovers that are ucually just fancy punts.

Brunell turns the ball over and the other team scores touchdowns.

And the raymer fumble is exactly his fault. You don't make stupid decisions like trying to continue a handoff when you're falling down. That was a far costlier mistake than any all of ramsey's ints combined. Until brunell shapes up, ramsey is the ball control QB.

Archived