Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you going to the New Smithsonian Musuem?

Soonerz

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just have a vested interest in this one.....I'm St. Regis Mohawk, Cherokee and Creek....along with Scottish and Irish. I think this could be a really cool museum but I don't know if it will have appeal to a lot of people.

I would love to go. I was just up in July, and don't know when I'll get a chance to come back up to see it.

Since I first heard the name, I was amazed that in this PC world of ours, it's not being called National Museum of Native Americans.

:whoknows:

Originally posted by Pete

Since I first heard the name, I was amazed that in this PC world of ours, it's not being called National Museum of Native Americans.

:whoknows:

Actually, a lot of tribes take pride in the term "American Indian" now. A funny thing, nomenclature.

As an Indian from India, I don't mind as long as they spell it with a j: "Injun." ;)

Originally posted by Soonerz

A lot of the tribes like "First Nations"...just in case you forget who was in the Americas first. :D

That would be the remains of the man with Mongol features found in the Pacific Northwest that was aged to be older than any tribe of American Abboriginals. You know... the ones some tribes are fighting so hard to get back and bury so no one can examine them and show that there was man in the Americas already... ;)

Seriously, though, I have no desire or pressing need to see the musem. That said, I'll probably go if my girlfriend wants to because I'm sure she will.

Nick

Originally posted by Soonerz

I was just wondering if the National Museum of the American Indian is getting any attention around here. Mrs. Soonerz and I are going on Saurday since the Sooners have a bye week.

I heard they would be using tickets much like the Holocasut museum did when it opened. Do you already have them, or are they just using the tickets for the first day?

From what I can tell, they are going to use tickets for some time. They are all timed like the Holocaust Museum. Right now, they don't have a lot of extra tickets so if you walk up to the museum today you may not be able to get in. However, you can get your tickets in advance.

You can go onto to tickets.com and get tickets ahead of time. I had mine sent to me in the mail, so I have them in my greedy paws now. However, you can have them leave them for you at will-call. Tickets.com will charge you a small amount. (I think it was $5 for two tickets) but it is good to know that you are guaranteed tickets.

Archived