Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Upset pick of the week: Week 2

Dallsux

Originally posted by Brave

Hmmmmm ... I'd stay away from this one. I was at the game Monday night and the Panthers looked like a team headed for a downward spiral. I thought they over-achieved last year and were due for some regression even before Monday night.

Now they've lost their biggest playmaker and they suddenly aren't too tough to gameplan against. Stop the run and make Delhomme beat you with a suddenly-lackluster WR corps.

Carolina will have trouble scoring points. KC usually doesn't, so I have no trouble seeing them winning by a TD or more.

This may be the only game of the year where KC's D could look halfway decent. Carolina's OLine is struggling, and have no deep passing threat now. KC will line up at least 8 in the box all game. Carolina may be in for a long year if one of their WRs don't step up and their OLine continues to struggle against the blitz as they did Monday.

My upset picks are Cleveland, Minny, and the Giants.

...just kidding about that last one! :laugh:

:gaintsuck

Originally posted by GrimReefa

Carolina is getting 6 (??!!) at Kansas City.

Now, I know they didn't look like much in game 1, but KC's run defense is non-existant. Look for Stephen Davis to rush for at least 150 yards and 2 scores. Carolina certainly covers.

I also like the Chargers as 3 point dogs at home vs. the Jets and the Vikings as dogs on the road against the Eagles, since the Eagles always play like crap at home (probably has something to do with the fans booing their own team at every opportunity...)

Eagles actually have an impressive home record under Reid, and are especially effective in prime time games during the regular season.

CSA,

A home team, who most consider either the favorite or one of the favorites in the NFC to go to the SB is not going to be an underdog the 2nd week (especially after a fairly good first game).

upset of the week:

JAX over DEN

also like:

HOU over DET

MIN over PHI

CLE over DAL

i had the Jags right last week, hoping they feed Fred Taylor all day long-- that's the only chance they have.

and i am very nervous about the Pick the Spread this week, i like a lot of road dogs...

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

CSA,

A home team, who most consider either the favorite or one of the favorites in the NFC to go to the SB is not going to be an underdog the 2nd week (especially after a fairly good first game).

That's why I revised my pick to Cleveland over Dallas! Aside from that, I didn't realize that Atlanta was favored when I made my pick. Now that I know that, problem solved. :D

Originally posted by jbooma

Buffalo is a good one, don't know why oakland is favored anyway,

actually the big one will be the Lions they will be 2-0 :cheers:

I got Detroit right :D:cheers: is it me or does Roy Williams look like he should have been the #1 pick all along, wow that guy is amazing, Detroit got a steal in him.

Archived