Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many Sacks will Arrington Get vs Tampa?

Walking Deadman

Everyone must remember that Brad Johnson knows how to get the ball out very quickly. He's smart and can read the blitz very quickly, and get the ball out to his hot receiver. We just need to be able to make the takle as soon as the ball arrives, to either knock the ball out or not give up any YAC.

One big worry I have in this game is that Johnson is one of the best quarterbacks in the league against pressure. If he's blitzed he can make you pay. You won't rattle him with much of what we're doing. What we HAVE to do though, is blitz while taking underneath routes away forcing Brad's arm strength into the equation so our deeper secondary can react on the ball.

I think Washington will have more sacks than Arrington.

A key to this game defensively will be the secondary's ability to cover. Johnson's ability to pick up the blitz will most likely leave our db's in some one on one battles with their wr's. Of their wr's, Clayton scares me the most, especially considering Smoot and Springs will probably be defending Galloway and Brown. Clayton against our nickel back is a matchup that bothers me some.

Archived