Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV Announcers for Sunday

JJredskins00

Originally posted by TheDane

kleese knows.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71750

Apparently it's Buck, Aikman, and Collinsworth. You'll have to ask kleese where he found out.

Well, I guess I'll be listening to the game on the radio & watching the game with the mute on...damn, I HATE listening to Buck & Troy & Chris...they SUUUUUUCK!!!! Not as bad as Moose does & no one sucks as bad as Jerry Glanville did, but still! Ugh!

kleese knows.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71750

Apparently it's Buck, Aikman, and Collinsworth. You'll have to ask kleese where he found out.

Phew, it's a good thing I'll be at the game. Listening to Collinsworth is almost as bad as listening to George Michael or Joe Theisman.

Btw, is there any particular reason why George is incapable of getting any player's name right? :dunce:

Collinsworth is supposed to play the annoying role on that team, so he doesn't bother me. It's Buck that I can't stand. Some games he sounds like he has no business being there.

Seems like he is more interested in trying to be witty like a SportsCenter anchor than being the play-by-play man on FOX's top NFL broadcast team. He needs to go back to baseball on a full-time basis so I don't ever have to see him call a game again.

I guess it could be worse. We could have Bill Maas, the ultimate Redskin(or should I say Daniel Snyder) hater.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

yeah...special olympics, maybe...how the hell did he ever get a coaching job? Boy, the Falcons must've been DESPERATE when they hired him! WOW!

Glanville had a defensible record as a coach and d-coordinator. I think he lead the Oilers to the playoffs three or four times in the late 80's. If I'm not mistaken, he even had a good year with the Falcons.

Oh, and he coached the Falcons team that Ryp and the Skins beat 56-17. :laugh: :doh: Ryp had 6 TDs in that game.

His track record as an announcer and TV "personality"... now that left something to be desired.

Glanville had a defensible record as a coach and d-coordinator. I think he lead the Oilers to the playoffs three or four times in the late 80's. If I'm not mistaken, he even had a good year with the Falcons.

Oh, and he coached the Falcons team that Ryp and the Skins beat 56-17. :laugh: :doh: Ryp had 6 TDs in that game.

His track record as an announcer and TV "personality"... now that left something to be desired.

I didn't know he coached the Oilers too...I knew he had coached the Falcons & if memory serves, they weren't all that great.

As a tv announcer...yeah, he sucked. I'm sure Collinsworth had to hate him, all the times he got stuck sitting next to him & getting punched or shaken by Glanville every 5 seconds. He also HATED the Redskins, no matter what they did.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Does Jerry Glanville remind anybody elso of Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart of WWF fame?

I was thinking Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Just as annoying. Obnoxious, high voice. Bad case of over-acting. Same build. Wears stupid clothes.

... yeah, I guess Hart fits that bill, too.

Joe Buck is like Pat Summerall, he hates the Redskins and never wasted an opportunity to rip on Spurrier. Collinsworth was on that bandwagon last year but, with Gibbs back, he doesn't want to look like the complete jackass that Buck is. He realizes the magnitude of Gibbs returning and has, so far, been decent. Troy Aikman is surprisingly good, he doesn't take cheap shots and probably still sees Lavar coming out of the corner of his left eye.

Originally posted by arrowhead

Joe Buck is like Pat Summerall, he hates the Redskins and never wasted an opportunity to rip on Spurrier. Collinsworth was on that bandwagon last year but, with Gibbs back, he doesn't want to look like the complete jackass that Buck is. He realizes the magnitude of Gibbs returning and has, so far, been decent. Troy Aikman is surprisingly good, he doesn't take cheap shots and probably still sees Lavar coming out of the corner of his left eye.

Troy: :ahhhhh:

Archived