Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible WR core in 2002?

ace33

I'm finished with Westbrook, but I understand he has his following. I don't know why, but I accept that he does.<br /><br /> Given our obvious needs elsewhere, I can't see expending a first rounder on a WR. If Josh Reed dropped to us in the second, that'd work. If Ron Johnson of Minnesota was still there in the 4th, I'd love that. <br /><br /> We need a QB and to beef up our interior lines on both sides of the ball. And a safety to groom.

First Round better be DT/DE or OG.<br /><br />Don't we have a Safety who may be better with a year under his belt named Terrell or a kid who has good size and a nose for the ball name Ohalete? However moving Ohalete to SS and drafting a Roy Williams wouldn't make Dave upset.

I think Gaffney will be chosen. A QB such as Harrington or Carr will not be available. With the second choice, well that's a guess at this point. Personally I would choice another WR, considering Westbrook is likely not going to sign, even if he claims now that he wants to stay. Question is, is he worth the money?

Just saw a mock draft in which we made a trade with detroit to acquire Harrington at #3<br /><br /><a href="http://www.gbnreport.com/2002projection.htm" target="_blank">http://www.gbnreport.com/2002projection.htm</a><br /><br />does that make any sense?<br /><br />maybe they know something we dont?<br /><br />others I have seen look to gaffney at 18. Which would make sense, in a way. I want Westbrook gone.<br /><br />David Carr semms to be the number one choice for the "Texans" (what an awful name wasn't that the original name of the cowboys?)as of late (see senior bowl week of practice)

Archived