Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KTLA Rocks!

canadian jim

The Redskins Broadcasting Network telecast both the Skins-Miami game and Skins-Atlanta games locally in Los Angeles this year. Usually we get the Raiders locally and we did this year on another channel. But I love it. I hope Snyder keeps expanding the TV and radio outlets nationally.

Most of you guys dont know this, but the Redskins used to have their summer camp in the Los Angeles area back in the 1950-1960's and then played the Los Angeles Rams in the annual Times Charity Game. This was the first preseason game of the season and usually there were 90,000+ fans there, and the money went to charity. I was in school then but my uncle took me to see my first Redskin game ever, and the Skins with little Eddie LeBaron beat the mighty, heavily favored Rams. :cheers:

The reason the Redskins network shows games in LA is that it can. LA is perhaps the second largest media market in the country, with no f'ing nfl team... so there are not the same media restrictions (we're not encroaching on anyone's territory, because it is no one's territory for the time being...)

if only i could get rid of the giants and jets in my media market...

Archived