Rod Smith A WR

Roy Williams A WR

Steve Smith A WR

Dallas Clark A TE

Doug Jolley A TE

Bills A DST

Falcons A DST

No Kicker (Yet)

I need to drop someone (or hope someone gets injured) and pick up a kicker, of which there are plenty on the wire. My league starts 2 RBs and 2 WRs, though - so any ideas? Should I trade Staley for Vanderjagt?

BTW, we do keep two players - my holdovers this year are Coles and Davis, I'll probably keep Eli for next season.

BD

The guy who has Vanderjagt has like nobody running the ball (he's got Tiki Barber, Bryan Westbrook, and trash), and he's also got John Hall.

What about other kickers? The other guy who needs serious RB help has David Akers.

BD

Originally posted by BD

The guy who has Vanderjagt has like nobody running the ball (he's got Tiki Barber, Bryan Westbrook, and trash), and he's also got John Hall.

What about other kickers? The other guy who needs serious RB help has David Akers.

BD

Dude, It doesn't matter who the guy has or doesn't have at running back, if you can get Vandy, Akers, or John Hall for Duece than you had better pull that trigger before either of those guys grow a brain.

If you guys aren't being sarcastic I beg you to join a money league with me. A starting RB for a kicker? This can nopt be serious.

Drop the Falcons D for your kicker. You don't start two D's. When the Bills are on a bye worry about how to drop to replace them that week. Don't be an idiot and trade a starting RB for a kicker. Not even if its Chip Loehmiller.

Here's my Yahoo Leauge team :

QB P. Manning

WR L. Coles

WR K. Robinson

WR R. Williams

RB C. Portis

RB T. Henry

TE T. Heap

BN M. Brunell

BN D. Staley

BN C. Cooley

BN Q. Griffin

K M. Vanderjagt

BN R. Longwell

DEF Philadelphia

BN Buffalo

Here's the thing, though: Staley is basically fourth out of five backs, and I only start two.

I wouldn't ever consider trading him for a mid-range kicker - only a guy like Vanderjagt, who easily puts up as much points as a DST every game.

That said, I think it's more likely that I'll just drop the Falcons DST or the Bills DST depending on how they play (remember, with the Falcons, you've got D-Coach Jim Mora and DeAngelo Hall as the returner).

BD

Originally posted by BD

Here's the thing, though: Staley is basically fourth out of five backs, and I only start two.

I wouldn't ever consider trading him for a mid-range kicker - only a guy like Vanderjagt, who easily puts up as much points as a DST every game.

That said, I think it's more likely that I'll just drop the Falcons DST or the Bills DST depending on how they play (remember, with the Falcons, you've got D-Coach Jim Mora and DeAngelo Hall as the returner).

BD

I know Duce(its not that hard to spell guys) is deep on your bench, but you simply can not trade him for a kicker. He is a starting RB. Starting RBs are at a premium. Kickers are very unpredictable. Rewind this topic to last year and you'd be going after Feely and Akers who were the top fantasy kickers. They sucked last year. You never know with these guys. Just pick up a FA. The one with the best offense. Jeff Reed or Ryan Longwell might be available. Josh Brown shouldn't be, if he is then there is nothing to think about. Grab him.

BD, if this isn't a keeper league then drop Eli for a K. otherwise lose the ATL D and get a K.

by the way, very nice team. i too am hoping Lee Suggs gets the starting gig this year! even without him your RB's are sick... you must have been drafting in an 8 team league or you had a bunch of chumps in the draft room....

Originally posted by AJWatson3

BD, if this isn't a keeper league then drop Eli for a K. otherwise lose the ATL D and get a K.

by the way, very nice team. i too am hoping Lee Suggs gets the starting gig this year! even without him your RB's are sick... you must have been drafting in an 8 team league or you had a bunch of chumps in the draft room....

It is a keeper league (just two players, though), so that's why I got Eli. I think I probably will do what you recommended re: the Falcons D.

10 team league, but for some reason we had two guys this year who went really light at RB. I had Davis as a keeper, took Portis and Barlow in the first and second rounds, then nabbed Staley and Suggs in the 6th and 12th respectively.

Not very confident in my QB position, because Brady's feast or famine. But yes, I'm hoping for great things.

BD

Archived