Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Rock now the #2 RB??

cscmtp

seems that Betts can't stay healthy, and Rock is getting the 2nd most carries. Do you guys think he's Clinton's primary backup? I own Portis in my dynasty league, trying to figure out who i should get for insurance. Anyone know?

Betts practiced today.

I imagine he is getting a bit antsy.

I would love Rock to be the primary back up.

We will see. Like I said before, if he is cut, I will be the first to say Gibbs is the man........and does what is best for the team.

If he stays.......I wonder if ANY of the "Cut Rock" guys will step up and say the same.

Blondie

Depends on who you choose to believe. PFW seems to think Rocks the man. Bram seems to think Rock's on the bubble. :rolleyes: Isn't much of a stretch to believe that Betts could be fighting for a job right now. Pick your poison.

For Rock to stay he's got to 1) stop screwing up; 2) be a good special teams guy (he's doing OK here).

I like the guy and want him to stay but if Betts is healthy its hard to see the Skins keeping 4 running backs given the number of tight ends Gibbs may want to keep. If they cut that number down then I can see him staying.

:yes:

Originally posted by robert reynolds jr

If Rock can learn to read the blitz and block better - he may be #3 behind Sultan - in my opinion.

And with as much play time as Sultan has seen over the last year or so, he's demonstrated the ability to read the blitz and block better...when?

I predict Betts to be released by the end of the week and Rock and Sultan getting some special teams training. Betts is too injury prone and too much of a liability to keep on the team.

Sultan and Rock will both be considered the #2 Rb depending on scheme. Depth wise - Sultan #2 and Rock #3. Don't worry - Blondie - Rock will make the team - he will be needed big time!

Sultan is the 2nd most talented back on the team. That may not make him the #2 right way. I would keep Rock and Betts as well. Chad Morton needs to step it up and do something. He has been the only bust of the NYJ. Morton is not a good punt returner and Simon looks better on kickoff returns too.

Originally posted by sbaugh

For Rock to stay he's got to 1) stop screwing up; 2) be a good special teams guy (he's doing OK here).

I like the guy and want him to stay but if Betts is healthy its hard to see the Skins keeping 4 running backs given the number of tight ends Gibbs may want to keep. If they cut that number down then I can see him staying.

:yes:

including Morton we will keep 4 RB's.

Simon has been looking pretty good on special teams and Sultan has looked the best as a RB - Gibbs will be looking for the best guy who can contribute both ways.

I think Rock losing the weight has hurt him more than helped him

Archived