Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tires

SlobberKnockinFootball

MIchelin seem to run the smoothest/quietest on our honda civic. Our Corolla has crap from Pep Boys which I hate! The ones from pepboys are loud on the road, and it took my car from being quiet to loud (of course I'm in a little bit of denial blaiming that all on the tires and not the 160k miles I have on the car). Still, 10k more on these tires, and I'll replace them with Michelins too. Just when I bought these tires I had some strut problems and was tearing through tires at a fast rate so I refused to pay much for them.

We just bought 4 Michelins for the honda civic a few weeks ago from Costco. With installation, waranty, and rebate, 4 tires cost around $330. Their pretty decent noise wise. They drive just like the ones my wife bought the car with.

At that price, you should consider going to Costco. If you don't have a membership, the price in the tires will make up for it. That's actually why my wife and I got a membership. Give them a call and get a quote. See if it is $45 less than what you are being quoted (ask about the rebate too if you're going with michelin, it may still be going on).

Originally posted by SlobberKnockinFootball

What about Yokohama Tires? Anyone have any input on these tires??

We have Yokohama tires...on our minivan...they came with the Mazda we purchased in 2001. They have 60K miles on them and just now need to be replaced. They have served us well.

Originally posted by SlobberKnockinFootball

What about Yokohama Tires? Anyone have any input on these tires??

I've used set of Yoko with my old Nissan 240SX. They were very good on the road and quiet. Though, they seemed to wear down a bit quicker due to the tire compound is softer than average.

I like them.

Archived