Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Taylor play w/ the first team on Sat ?

Octane67

Sean Taylor has the true gift of perception and reading the offense. I say play him on the second team against Carolina and if he continues to play at his demonstrated level - reward him with playing on the 1st squad next game. Positive reinforcement is what he needs. He deserves it - the kid is awesome. I watched him play through college.

I am going to be honest, I want Taylor to play second team again so he gets more playing time.

BINGO!!! exactly what i was thinking. even though he played great, he's still a rook and needs reps. he's only going to get better the reps he gets...now there's a scarrrrry thought:cheers:

Again, why does playing on the second team mean Taylor gets "more practice time?" Why can't he start and just stay in the game when the 2nd string comes in? Last I checked, there is no rule that states starters must exit preseason games at a certain point.

Taylor starts, plays against Carolina's first team, then stays in the game, or returns in the 2nd half.

I think he stays 2d team for one more game (and stays in for a while -- which of course he could do even if he started). Or maybe gets rotated in with the first team.

And I think that's the right choice. The one thing I'm worried about on that guy is his head, not his athleticisim or, after Monday, his instincts. After a passel of off-season agita, he's on a roll, and I think keeping that going is more important than getting him on-field time with (what will soon be) fellow first-teamers.

I don't think he will start, but I think he will play with the starters and then stay in with the second team as well. That is the best way for the staff to check on his abilities with the first unit, but not move him up on the pecking order until he proves it in spot duty with the group.

Archived